2. The Persuasion

Evelina's POV

After my Begging and Pleading, Mom finally agreed. She asked me not to read the letter.

Here I am, Standing before this huge building.

I was wearing a black hoodie with ripped blue jeans. I had the hood cover my head ,had sunglasses on and I was wearing a mask. I didn't want them to see my face. My mom told me I look just like my father.

Taking a deep breath, I entered the building. I was too nervous, I was shaking. But I need to stay strong. Confidence must be pouring from me. I walked over to the receptionist.

"Hello , I am here to meet Mr. Romano." She looked at me like I had two heads. Apparently, because of my look.

"Sorry Miss, But Mr. Romano is quite busy right now. He's not meeting people." She said.

"Umm.... Can you arrange an appointment for me?"

She shook her head "No."

I'm starting to get annoyed now.

"Why?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"Because, he doesn't meet imposters like you." She said, clearly annoyed.

I was calming myself down and thinking of something to let her arrange a meeting. When I heard her greet someone.

"Good morning, Mr.Romano." she said suddenly acting sweet.

I turned around to look at the man.
There he was, a tall man probably in his early twenties walking towards the reception. He was well built and looked like he just popped out of the TV. Wait, He has my hair and eyes. How dare he!

He muttered something to the receptionist and turned around to leave.

'Seriously?!!! Like, YO I'm standing right here. Can't you see me, even with my weird look.'

I sighed and ran after him.

"Mr. Romano?" He looked at me, never stopping. "Yes." He said .

"Can I talk to you? I need to discuss something with you." He looked at me again.

"No. I don't have time right now." He said bluntly.
'Like seriously, I am here trying to control my mouth and you are pushing me to open the wrong side of it.'

Before he could go, I blurted out. "I know Everly Romano. The runaway Wife and Mother."

He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me.

"Watch what you are saying ,little girl." He growled.

"I'm just telling the truth." I said confidently but his gaze was terrifying me.

He thought for a second. "Follow me."

He started walking towards the elevator. I followed.

Then it hit me like a truck. He can't be my father. He's too young.

"Umm.. Mr. Romano?" I said. "You are not, by any chance Mr. Stephan Romano?" He looked at me.

"No." He said. "I'm Elonzo and I'm taking you to his office right now."

"Oh...okay." Was all I could say.

We exited the elevator and walked towards a door. There was a gold plate on it and Stephan Romano was written on it.

He knocked on the door. We heard a faint 'come in'. And entered.

Wow , was the first word that came to my mind. The office was huge, It has windows instead of walls and gave a clear view of the city.