9. Violence

I feel like I don't fit here. This luxury is not what I am used to. I was just a normal teenager who was living her normal life and suddenly, I got thrown into pools of richness and luxury.I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts.

I decided to explore the house. I had already seen the living room so I went to the other rooms. I was exploring, when I caught a glimpse of light. I walked towards it and saw two sliding doors.

Woah!!! They have a huge backyard.

They had too much land around the mansion. I stepped out and enjoyed the fresh air while adoring the scenery. The mansion was surrounded by a forest?

There were large number of trees around the mansion.

The backyard had a large soccer field. Wow!!!

There were recliners placed outside. I made myself comfortable on one and started enjoying the fresh cool breeze and the chirping of birds.

This was so comfortable. I fell asleep, again.

When I woke up, it was almost 8. I started walking towards the kitchen to see if someone was awake. To my surprise, all seven men were sitting there waiting for breakfast.

"Good morning, Evelina." My father said.

"Morning." I said, my expressions neutral.

"How was sleeping outside?" Ryder asked while snickering.

"It was great. Why don't you join me sometime?" I said sweetly.

"Yeah, anything for you, babygirl." He said excited.

I scrunched up my face at the nickname. I am nowhere near a 'babygirl'. Sometimes, I even doubt if I look like a girl.

"Aww, our baby doesn't like the nickname?" Tyler said.

I glared at him, then changed my expressions.

"No, little angel, I don't like it." I said, holding back my laughter.

The whole table looked at us and burst out laughing. I couldn't help but laugh too.

Soon, the breakfast was served. I looked at my plate and frowned. First, the plate was huge. Second, It was laden with food.

"Umm.... Excuse me." I called out to a maid. From the corner of my eye, I could see that all eyes were on me.

"Yes, miss?" The maid said.

"I'll just eat half of this. Can you please, remove the extra food from my plate?" I asked politely.

"No." A cold voice said. I turned around to see it was Elonzo who spoke.

"You will finish your breakfast." He said.

"But I don't have that much appetite." I retorted.

"Doesn't matter. We don't know about your old diet. But here you will finish everything that is given to you." Elonzo said. His voice cold as ever.

"What if I throw up?" I asked crossing my arms and looking straight in his eyes.

"Doesn't matter as long as you finish it." He said.

By this time, I was boiling, my hands curled into fists.

"So you are telling me to waste food indirectly." I spat. "Because let me tell you, everyone is not born with a silver spoon in their mouths. There are thousands of families out there, who are not getting anything to eat. When you all are here eating this much, and wasting food, someone out there is surviving on a loaf of bread per day. And I am saying this from personal experience." I said.