31. Loss

~Warning: Mentions of death in this chapter.

~Warning:Emotional breakdown ahead.

____________________________

Will's POV

Its been a week since our princess was kidnapped. We are all roaming in the house like zombies.

No one has eaten a full meal in the whole week. We are not sleeping much. Everyone looks so pale and there are bags under their eyes.

Everytime I close my eyes, I see her. I can't sleep.

We are afraid of what might happen to her or what might have happened.

We are afraid of losing her. I can't imagine living without her. I don't know how I managed to live before she came. But now, my life seems worthless without her.

She is our happiness. She is the one who brought light to our dark life.

Without her the house seems empty. I can't live without hearing her shrieks, without having her run to hug me whenever I come home, without listening to her rambling of what she did all day.

I was her secret keeper. She used to ramble about how Elonzo forces her to sit in the corner, how much she hates it when he does that.

She can speak for hours on this topic. She always gives a full speech on advantages or disadvantages of sitting in the corner.

Finally concluding her speech with, 'still I love him, that's why I have to obey.'

I just keep nodding throughout her whole speech wishing it would end soon. But my wish would never come true.

I smiled at the thought.

She told me she loves my hugs, my cooking, my smile. Everything.

Nathan is suffering the most. He locked himself in his room since she was kidnapped.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Elonzo said.

"We found the location." He said looking at his phone. "Let's go."

It was four in the morning. We got in our cars, happy we are going to have her back. We had to force Luciano, the twins and Nathan to stay home.

We were driving towards the darker side of the town. It was a dangerous area.

We turned around a corner.

"That's the building." Elonzo said pointing at the building right in front of us.

I looked at the dirty abandoned building. It wasn't big. Just a three floor apartment building.

I was looking at it and tapping my feet impatiently. The street was too long.

Then we heard a blast. The building caught fire right in front of my eyes.

We got out of the car looking at the building.

"No." Elonzo yelled. "No, my baby is in there." He yelled as he tried to make his way into the building.

I caught him just in time. Marco came to hold him too.

I have not seen Elonzo losing control. He looked broken. I was more shocked when I saw tears slipping from his eyes.

I didn't notice my wet cheeks. Elonzo was still struggling. He was screaming her name and crying his eyes out.

We forced him into the car and drove off. We were all silent.

Everyone was freely spilling tears. Dad and Elonzo were too broken. Marco and I were coping to comfort them.