33. Tricked

~Hey guys, second update today. Just bcz I love you guys and y'all are so sweet.~
😊😊

Nathan's POV

'Why is Max calling?'

I picked up the call.

"Hello." I said dryly. My voice was scratchy and dry.

"Come to St. Mary's hospital. Its urgent." Max said quickly.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Just come, its urgent." He said.

"Which floor?" I asked.

"Fourth. Room 247." He said.

I hung up the phone and started walking to the elevator. We were on the 3rd floor of the hospital. We own this hospital.

I got to the floor and started finding the room.

My mind was focused on Evvie. I couldn't get my mind off her. I'm missing her. I feel like I lost myself. Everything was perfect with her.

I walked to the room, Max was waiting outside.

"Dude, you're gonna have a heart attack." He said as I walked closer to him.

I looked at him, confused.

"Look through the glass." He said pointing to the glass window that separated the room from the corridor.

I looked through it. What I saw made my heart jump. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it will jump out. I couldn't believe my eyes. Tears came running down my cheeks.

I was just admiring her. I looked at Max in confusion.

"But E-Elonzo s-said they got h-her b-body?" I stuttered.

"I don't know about what they saw. But she told me she escaped before the blast. Apparently, that wasn't her body. You guys were tricked." He said, a tear slipped his eye.

I felt like I would collapse. I wanted to hug her. Keep her in my sight forever.

I started crying pathetically. I hid my face in my hands and sobbed. Max patted my shoulder.

"We got her back Nathan." Max said.

"Yeah." I said wiping my tears.

It felt like a dream.

"There's just one problem." Max said.

He told me everything Evvie said.

I was crying again.Those jerks brainwashed her.

I clenched my hands into fists. Those ßitches are gonna pay.

But that is a task for later. Right now, its just the time to have my other half in my arms again.

Brothers are gonna have a heart attack. They'll go mad.

"Let me call the others." I said and started dialing Elonzo's number.

Elonzo's POV.

We were sitting in the cafeteria of the hospital. I had to force the boys to eat something, although I don't want to eat too.

We can't leave Dad alone. Nathan is staying with him.

Everyone is suffering. I feel like my heart broke into a million pieces. Its the first time in my life I feel so helpless and empty inside. I can't imagine my life without her.

She's my soft spot. I managed to show emotions that I never show to anyone. I wanted to spend most of my time with her. I was afraid I will not be able to give her time, like I did with my brothers. But her sitting in the corner changed everything. She spent more time in my room or office than in her own room.I loved to listen to her rambling and whining about how unfair I was being. I just wanted to keep her in my sight forever.