35. Welcome Home

"Lets go." Elonzo said.

I am going home today. I am excited and relieved to finally leave the hospital.

"Yeah." I said.

I was about to lock arms with Elonzo but grandpa came to stand in between and locked arms with me.

I looked at Elonzo. He was taken aback.

"I was going to do that, Grandpa." Elonzo whined.

"But I did." Grandpa said coolly. He winked at me and we started walking. I winked at Elonzo. He was jealous. But he doesn't have a say because....Grandpa Rules.

We reached the parking area and I hopped into the car.

We drove home.

As we pulled into the driveway, I kept looking at my house. I missed being here. I missed the comfort it provided.

I walked in. Elonzo led me to the living room.

When I entered, I heard gasps and squeals.

I looked around to see my whole family sitting there.

"Hi." I said.

Tears filled their eyes when they saw me.

"Who did this?" Emiliano gritted.

I looked at Elonzo.

"Why didn't you tell them the full story?" I gritted.

"Sorry. I told them just about the way we were tricked. We were in a rush you know." He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I want to go freshen up real quick. You fill them in." I said making my way upstairs.

I opened the door to my room.

IT WAS A MESS.

"What the- " I said frustratedly. "Ugh. Forget it."

I walked to the bathroom and had a much needed cold shower.

I dressed up in some comfy clothes, wincing when the cloth touched my skin. By comfy, I mean Will's hoodie. It felt warm and safe. I took a deep breath to smell his cologne, spreading warmth in my body.

I went back downstairs. As soon as I entered the living room, all eyes were on me.

They got up one by one and hugged me softly, making sure it doesn't hurt.

"We missed you." The triplets said at the same time.

I sniffled as tears started spilling from my eyes. I was getting the love and comfort I was craving for.

I sobbed into Vincenzo's chest as he hugged me next.

"Ssh... sweetie. We are all here." He soothed.

He picked me up and sat down with me on his lap.

"I'm sorry. Its all m-my f-fault." I sobbed.

"If I hadn't sneaked away, you all shouldn't have broken down like that. What if something happened to Dad?" I said as I started crying harder.

"No, baby. It's definitely not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Vince said as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.

Tears didn't stop. I let out all the hurt and sadness I had on his shirt.

I didn't look up. I kept my head pressed to his chest.

I was sniffing from time to time.

"Here, baby. Have some water." Emiliano said handing me a glass of water.