19. Fighter

"What?" I gritted. "You want me to come running to my brothers every time someone assaults me.No thank you. I'm not a baby." I said.

"Do not talk through gritted teeth." Elonzo warned.

"And you will go to your brothers. I don't want any kind of violence from you. Your brothers will handle it. You don't have an option." He finished leaving no room for argument.

I just nodded. I know I can't win this conversation.

"Your teachers told us that you were great during all the classes. They were impressed by your confidence and answers." He said with a smirk.

I could feel steam coming out of my ears.

'How dare he trick me into telling him.'

I shot up from my chair.

"You tricked me, you jerk." I shouted.

His jaw clenched.

"EVELINA ROMANO, SIT BACK DOWN THIS INSTANT. DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT." He growled.

I gulped and sat back in the chair.

"As your punishment, your electronics will be confiscated and you are grounded for some days. You will only leave your room during meals. No one is allowed in your room unless it is bedtime." He said.

"I was not going to confiscate the electronics but seeing your behaviour I have to do it." He said.

"Now, pick up your chair and sit in that corner facing the wall." He said pointing to the corner.

'I hate this.'

I sighed and obeyed.

It feels like it has been hours. Elonzo is working, shuffling papers and attending phone calls. He's speaking in Italian.

He just hung up.

"How long?" I asked.

"Its just been twenty minutes. You are already tired?" I could imagine the smirk he has on his face.

I sighed "I'm sitting here staring at nothing. I hate this. This is pure torture."

"That's why it's called a punishment. Now stay quiet." He said.

Songs are playing constantly in my mind. I started humming.

"Silence." Elonzo said.

"I can't help it."

"Are you asking for an increase in punishment?"

I stayed quiet.

-Elonzo's POV-

I was working when Will came into my office. Will asked the teachers to keep him updated on Evelina's performance.

I already knew about her being smart. But I had to be updated of her performances. She didn't study much in the vacations and it was a new school, so I was afraid, it will affect her studies.

But she did great.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I saw messages from Luciano.

Anger rose inside me when I read the text. Will saw it and asked,

"What happened?"

"A guy touched our little sister inappropriately ."

Will's eyes darkened.

"I'm going to kill him." He growled.

"She handled it. She beat him up. She also challenged the whole school to try and do that again. She threatened to send them to the hospital." I finished with a chuckle.