32. Death

Wills POV.

We quickly rushed to the hospital. Dad fainted just when the ambulance came. I did all I could with the supplies at home.

The doctor came out from dad's room. "He's fine. You brought him here on time. He's just weak due to loss of blood." The doctor said and left.

We sighed in relief.

Then, Elonzo got a phone call.

"Ok." Was all Elonzo said, his voice cracky.

"Marco stay here with the others. Will come with me." He ordered.

"What happened?" I asked as we started moving to the parking lot.

"There's a parcel at home. Suspiciously big." Elonzo said, his eyebrows furrowed together.

We rushed back home.

The car ride was silent. We were not in the condition to drive so we called the driver.

I kept glancing at Elonzo. He was beyond broken. He loves her dearly. He blames himself for not being able to protect her.

I am trying to bottle up my emotions but it feels like I'm dying inside.

I haven't seen Elonzo like this, ever in my life. He was pale and powerless.

He had to stay strong for the business. Our enemies could take advantage of the situation. That's what makes it more heartbreaking.

We reached home only to find a huge cardboard box, the size of a man, lying in the lawn.

Elonzo rushed to open it.

As soon as he opened the cardboard box, my eyes widened.

There was a coffin inside.

Tears slipped my eyes as I looked away and took a few steps away from it.

Elonzo lifted the lid and gasped loudly.

I turned around to look into the box.

What I saw, would haunt me forever.

There was huge black mass inside the coffin. Definitely, the shape of a girl.

It was unrecognizable. It was impossible to identify the face.

'My sister had to go through this.'

I cried.

Elonzo stood there frozen, looking at the piece of paper in his hand.

I snatched it and read.

'Here, have your sister. She was missing you.'

Elonzo collapsed to the ground. This was not what we could bear.

Elonzo sat there on his knees beside our sister.

Then he did something I had least expected him to do.

He started screaming and crying.

It was killing me to see him like this. I tried to comfort him but he kept spilling tears.

I had not seen him more broken.

"I can't live without my baby." He whispered after he calmed down a bit.

"Don't do this to yourself, El. We have to comfort the others. They can't bear to lose another sibling." I said, my voice shaky.

Elonzo nodded and closed the lid shut.

We informed the whole family about it.

Max told us about the park they used to play in their childhood. He insisted on burying Evvie in the cemetery near the park they used to play in.