64. Gifts

Evelina's POV.

"IT'S SUNDAY, LET'S GO SHOPPING." Nathan yelled.

"YEAH, WE NEED HALLOWEEN COSTUMES." I yelled.

We were bothering Leo. He was the only one at home. My brothers are out. Only me, Nathan and Leo are home.

"Ugh. Can't you two wait for someone else to take you there. Its sunday. I don't want to get up." He groaned as he turned to the other side of his bed and tried to sleep again.

I jumped onto him.
"Come on, Leo. Get up." I said shaking him.

"The door's there. Get out." He said pointing at the wall, thinking the door's there. I rolled my eyes.

"You better get up right now, Leo. Or..." I warned.

"Or what, Little girl?" He growled, in a tone similar to Elonzo's.

"I'll break your laptop, then tell Elonzo you messed with his clothes, then tell Marco you stole some of his shoes, then tell Luciano, you broke one of his skateboards, then..." He cut me off.

"Fine. I'm up." He groaned as he sat up suddenly and I fell back on the bed as I was sitting on him.

"Trucker." I huffed getting up and leaving to get ready.

Nathan and I left to get ready. It didn't take long, as we were too excited.

"Let's go." Leo said as we went downstairs to the garage.

"Woohoo." We cheered as we ran after him.

I just realized yesterday evening, that I like that pighead. I can't stop thinking about him. My heart starts beating fast whenever I remember his face. I'm already zoning out. I'll beat him for it.

I was looking through the store to find something halloween-worthy, when my eyes fell on something. It was a small doll. I picked it up and smiled. I'll give it to Zack when I decide I'll stop ignoring him.

Then my eyes landed on the perfect costume for halloween. My eyes lit up. I put the small doll and the costume in my cart and made my way to the cashier.

----------------

Next day.

"Hey, nerdy." I heard Zack say. I ignored him.

"How ya doin?" He said mimicking me and swinging his arm around my shoulder. I ducked and got out from under his arm.

"Hey, tomboy. I know its hard to ignore me. I'm too good looking, you know." He said. I faked a gag.

"Even the dirt under my shoes looks better than you." I muttered.

"I heard that." He said from behind me.

"So?" I said but put my hand on my mouth immediately.

"You talked to me." He pointed out coolly.

I punched him in the stomach and stormed off. He groaned.

"You'll have to see me in chemistry." He yelled.

I was sitting with my head in my hands. This pighead is gonna die today. He's trying to gain my attention. He's annoying the hell out of me.

He's trying to make me laugh. It is taking everything in me to control my laughter. I accidentally talked to him once in the morning, then turned to ignoring him again.

I tried to sit somewhere else but he just scared all my new deskmates and sat in their place.

I groaned as I tried to bang my head on the table. My forehead hit something warm. I opened my eyes to see a hand between my head and the table.