4. Protective?

I turned to see Max and Kate, my two best friends coming towards me.

"Hey dude." I said, my voice shaky and cracking. Max chuckled and engulfed me in a bear hug. I cried into his chest for a long time.

We pulled apart when I heard someone cough, I looked around to see all the guys glaring at Max. I stood before Max and glared back. Everyone looked away, slightly embarrassed.

Then my eyes fell on the tall boy leaning against the wall. He was eyeing Kate from head to toe. Kate was wearing shorts and a Shirt with upper two buttons open.

'What the hell, Kate? You have to dress like that?'

I turned to kate buttoned the shirt and gave a smack on her head. "Ow." Kate exclaimed. Max snickered.

"She's still acting like my older brother." Kate said rubbing her head.

Max burst out laughing. I tried hard to control my laughter. But it's out of my control. Max and I fist bumped.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Max asked Kate. Kate rolled her eyes.
"He's scared of Ev."

Max and I burst out laughing. All the guys were watching us with amusement.

"Its not funny." She cried. " You scare any boy that comes near me." She whined.

Well that's true, we scared almost 10 boys who tried to talk to Kate. She's boy crazy.

"Hey Ev, Who are these guys?" Max asked. I chuckled.

"You won't believe me." I said. "These are my brothers probably. My biological father is sitting inside with my mom." Max looked shocked.

"Explains the dirty looks I'm getting." Max said. I couldn't help but snicker at that.

"I'm going to get something to eat." I said.

"You Are going to leave me with them? I'm dead." Max said.

Despite Max's pleadings, I got up and made my way to the canteen.

But when I came back, I was shocked to see six tall figures surrounding a bench. Kate was standing aside looking at me pleadingly.

"They are going to question him and then kill him with glares." Kate whispered as I got closer. I saw Max sitting on the bench. All the 6 boys were trying to intimidate him.

"Who are you to her?" One boy asked.

"Whatever you are, I don't want you to touch her." Other said.

"Forget about touching, I don't want you to be close to her, there should be atleast 6 feet distance between you." Third one said.

'Seriously, dudes. I can take care of myself. Why do you care suddenly?'

I coughed. They snapped their heads in my direction. I raised an eyebrow.

"So, you are threatening my best friend, huh?" I asked. They all shook their heads and went back to where they were.

Haha, funny, I didn't know I hold such power.

But I'm still mad at them.