48

After the Count of Bei Lu was dragged out of Kui Yuan Palace, the brothers of the He Family each held their heads down and drank tea. They listened to their wives converse and if they didn't have to speak, they wouldn't say even one additional word.

The conflict between He Yuan and He Qi had been almost pushed to the surface. Recently when lao si and Wei Wen Guang were sent to Jiang Nan to investigate the case, who knew that just a few days after they left Jing, they encountered an assassination attempt. Both Wei Wen Guang and lao si were wounded, stopping in their trip to recover. Many taiyi from the Imperial Hospital had been sent. By this time, the two were in no danger of danger, but a storm was raging in the Imperial Court.

Who would have such daring to assassinate the imperial envoys? Those that would dare, they were either rebel or a person of great power and status. The Da Long Dynasty had already ruled for hundreds of years, there weren't any of the so-called rebels. Those assassins could have only been sent by a personal of great power. Then why would such a person do a thing like this?

There were already people at the court that were guessing the matter was connected to Rui Wang. But this matter had been given to Ning Wang to investigate. This time, Ning Wang's mouth was securely sealed, no news had been leaked. Rui Wang also didn't seem to be acting differently so everyone then felt Rui Wang wouldn't have such daring to do it. That kind of conduct was almost akin to opposing the emperor. No matter how much Rui Wang was worried and how arrogant he was, he wasn't outrageous to this step.

The Empress was clear to the conflict between the three brothers. Seeing that it was almost the noon hour, she said: "It's so rare for you three brothers to gather together. Ben gongis happy, let's go eat together."

The three pairs followed the empress to the table. A short while later, someone ushered the princess and the two children over. The elder child, He Cheng, was only seven or eight. He wore a red cotton robe, a long-life lock around his neck. He looked very adorable. The smaller was He Xuan. She looked almost five years old, her eyes large. Her smile was very cute. The two children together felt very much like the golden boy and jade girl of legend.

"Greetings to Imperial Grandmothergreetings to jiujiu and jiumu," The two children gave a proper bow. It could be seen that Jin An Princess had raised them well. Even Qu Qing Ju, who felt that little children were noisy, liked them.

"Cheng'er and Xuan'er have grown so much," Wei Qing E, who had seen the two before, smiled as she gave the two a meeting gift. She remarked to Jin An Princess, "Last time when I saw these two, Xuan'er wasn't walking. Now she's has grown to be an intelligent girl."

Jin An Princess gave a gentle smile: "Just a naughty child, she's not as good as you praise her to be."

Qu Qing Ju had prepared a meeting gift very long ago. Hearing Jin An Princess say such a thing, she interjected: "Zhang jie, you can't criticize these those children this way, I like these two very much." Speaking, she waved her hand at the two children, "Cheng'er, Xuan'er, come over for er jiumu to take a look."

He Cheng and He Xuan obediently walked in front of Qu Qing Ju, carefully examining this er jiumu. Her face becoming rosy red, He Xuan timidly reached with a hand to pull on Qu Qing Ju's sleeve, "Nice to meet er jiumu."

"Nice to meet Xuan'er," Qu Qing Ju bent to place He Xuan onto her own knee. She took a pendant from Mu Jin's hands to hang on Xuan'er's neck, "Er jiumu is giving you this as a toy."

He Xuan bent down to look at the pendant. It was a blooming lotus flower, the craftsmanship making it appear almost real. And the entire jade stone was transparent like ice. It was very beautiful and suitable for females to wear.