123

He Heng had never thought he would encounter a woman who would move his heart, but the reality was that he really did meet a woman like that.

He disliked women who thought themselves smart, and disliked women who thought themselves kind. In a place like the Imperial Family, people that were too kind never lived well. He also disliked people that were too weak. Weakness usually made people compromise, lose their dignity, and, in order to live, they had the ability to do evil deeds. If a person was forced into such circumstances, what could they be afraid of?

He liked seeing Qu Qing Ju dress herself beautifully, liked seeing her proud attitude, liked how she never back down when it came to her own interests. For some reason, even though she was his wang fei, he felt she lived a freer life than he did.

When he finally stood on the nine levels of jade stairs, he found that this dragon chair was abnormally big and abnormally hard, as though it was exaggerating the elevated status of the Emperor. It had an attractive appearance, so lao da and lao sanfought for this position for many years.

Those with kind and soft hearts, even if they managed to survive in the Imperial Family, wouldn't have good lives. He was not an ignorant person, so he had been tricked by people, and tricked others. In the Imperial Family, no one owed another person, there was only those who won.

Qing Ju's hobbies always changed constantly. He felt that none of those hobbies were as amazing as her dancing, but to his regret, Qing Ju didn't frequently dance for him. However, every time she danced, he would see her attractiveness.

How could the world have a woman like this? One who could be dignified, lazy, generous, cruel, and seductive. This kind of woman, any man couldn't help but look twice, not to mention she was his Empress. Even if he only favored her, where did other people have the grounds to object?

He wasn't a useless ruler who had to sacrifice his woman to achieve peace in the Court so on the matter of favoring one person, he wouldn't compromise to anyone..

If he easily compromised, where would he have the qualification to talk about love?

The reason that the love of an Emperor would be doubted was usually due to the excuse of "forced with no other way." They would satisfy themselves with other women but act deeply in love. In other words, it was just pretense and not having loved deeply enough.

"Emperor, are these the paintings you wanted to see?" Qian Chang Xin put a sandalwood box in front of the Emperor, bending at the waist to open the box before retreating to one side, not looking at the paintings. A few days ago, the Empress suddenly became interested in viewing paintings so many people had sent paintings into the palace. Even Rui Wang Fei had personally sent a few paintings over. But who knew that after two or so months, the Empress didn't like it anymore. These valuable paintings had been placed into the East Hall of Kui Yuan Palace. If the Emperor wanted to see a painting, he only needed to send someone to take it out of the East Hall. The Empress really didn't care.

Rolling open [Winter Snow Red Plums Drawing], He Heng expressionlessly looked at the painting. A beat later, he gave a cold smile: "Zhen's sandi has become idle and emotive now that he doesn't attend court." He had heard that lao san was very good at drawing landscapes. But this painting of his that had people, it was also this touching.

Xian Chang Xin saw the expression of the Emperor was not well. He remembered that Rui Wang Fei had sent in this painting, and guessed that the Emperor still had bad feelings towards Rui Wang so he didn't dare to speak. He obediently stood to one side and waited for the Emperor's orders.

"Put the painting back." He Heng curled his lips, a hint of disdain revealed. "Even though the Empress doesn't like to look at paintings and has forgotten all of these things, the servants should still store these away well."