53

When Qu Qing Ju visited the Zhong Jing Palace, she had taken many things with her. When she left, she still had many things with her. The bystanders looked on and marveled at the maternal and filial love between Jing guifei and Duan Wang Fei.

Qu Qing Ju looked back at the servants who had accompanied her to the palace. They all had their hands full. She couldn't help but sigh. From a certain perspective, Jing guifei was a really good popo in the Da Long Dynasty. Intelligent, beautiful and she's able to prioritize what was important. This kind of woman, if she's placed in a novel, would most definitely be the main character. It was a pity that she had met a man like Qing De Emperor.

Even though she needed to be careful around Jing guifei because her popowas too smart, she still was a much better popo compared to Shu guifei. If she was a normal popo, she would have pushed her to have children immediately rather than telling her not to rush. Even in Qu Qing Ju's previous life, this kind of conduct wasn't something many mother-in-laws would do.

But this kind of popo might not like an erxi who was too intelligent. Their current form of interaction was good enough.

Inside Zhong Jing Palace, Ding mamareturned from seeing Duan wang feioff. Walking in front of Jing guifei, she reported in a small voice: "Niangniangwang fei has left."

"En," Jing guifei nodded. She sighed and remarked, "Heng'er has set his heart on her." Otherwise, he wouldn't have implicitly asked her not to make things difficult for Qu Qing Ju.

"It's a good thing that wang ye and wang fei have deep feelings for each other," Ding mama came up to massage her shoulders. She said in a light voice, "If it was like the pair at the other fu, wouldn't they have become a laughingstock of Jing City?"

"You are right," Jing guifei laughed, "Qu shi is still young. It would be best for her child if she gives birth a year or two from now. If the mother is too young, the child would be born sickly and that would be alarming." If her son and daughter-in-law were fighting like the pair at Rui Wang Fu, then that would be really worrisome. Her own erxi might be simpleminded and naïve but it was infinitely better than having a wang fei like Qin shi.

"Niangniang is highly principled," Ding mama said, "It is wang fei's great fortune to have a popo like you."

"In the beginning, ben gong didn't like her unworldliness. But upon closer examination, despite being somewhat stupid, she isn't disagreeable. As long as they maintain their good relationship, ben gong will not become a villain," Jing guifei smiled as she shook her head, "But it is remarkable that Heng'er sing her praises to me."

Ding mama had served Jing guifei for many years and knew that niangniangwas very good to wang fei. She naturally followed her lead as her mistress discussed the attributes of wang ye and wang fei. And the fact that niangniang keeps saying wang fei was stupid … …

Such a stupid wang fei and yet niangniang still protected her. If that wasn't affection, then what else could it be?

Not long after Qu Qing Ju came back to the fu, He Heng returned home. When the two met, she first mentioned the gifts that Jing guifeibestowed and sighed in admiration: "Niangniang is so good to wang ye. She remembers you at every turn."

When He Heng heard this, he smiled and remarked: "Didn't you already know that mufei is good to me? Why are you mentioning it today?"

"There is a phrase "love the house so love the crow". Wang ye is that house, I am that crow," Qu Qing Ju passed on the words that Jing guifei said to her, "If it wasn't for wang ye, why else would niangniang care so much for me?"