105

Halfway through the night, Qu Qing Ju suddenly woke up from her dreams, the cramping in her legs unbearable, as though something had twisted her foot tendon and was swinging on it.

"Qing Ju, what is it?" He Heng suddenly awoke from his slumber and saw that the forehead of the person beside him was dotted with sweat. From the light casted by a candle in the corner of the room, he saw that even the colors of her lips had changed, and paled himself, hurriedly calling for a servant.

A commotion later, Qu Qing Ju's cramps disappeared under the massage of the pregnancy mama. She rubbed her forehead tiredly. She felt that she was very drowsy but couldn't fall asleep.

"Emperor, please don't worry. When a woman is pregnant, hand and foot cramps may occur. If care is taken with the diet, it will subside in a while." The pregnancy mama saw that the Emperor didn't have a happy expression and informed cautiously, "Normally, if someone massages niangniang, it can help relieve the symptoms."

He Heng's face cleared slightly. Seeing Qu Qing Ju's tired state, he ordered: "Zhen will get the nurses from the Imperial Hospital for this matter. You can all leave." He didn't understand medicine but knew that a person had many acupuncture points. If a wrong spot was pressed, it was deleterious to the mother and the fetus.

The pregnancy mama, Mu Jin and the others carefully left. After leaving the room, they finally took a breath. The Emperor's expression had been very dark, so frightening that they didn't dare to breathe.

"Can't sleep?" He Heng kept on patting Qu Qing Ju's back and seeing that she didn't fall asleep, he asked, "Still uncomfortable?"

Qu Qing Ju shook her head and changed positions: "Can't sleep."

"What is it?" He Heng pulled the blanket up and wrapped it more securely around the two of them, "I'm not having morning court tomorrow so we can talk now." Tomorrow, it was the start of sealing the pen and the break from court. In reality, He Heng still had a pile of things to do but to comfort the person beside him, of course he wouldn't say those things.

Qu Qing Ju felt that she didn't have any desire to talk, but looking at the other's spirited state, she could only respond: "Talk about what?"

"Anything will do," He Heng forced down the urge to open his mouth in a yawn, "Like your childhood, or what things you like."

Qu Qing Ju stared for a beat before sighing: "I don't remember much from my childhood. Before, I didn't have many chances to leave the compound. When I grew older, only jiumu would take me to meet others, but I couldn't spend all my time with jiumu. The relationship between Tian Family and the Qu Family became antagonistic after that. So from birth, life was like that, there's not much to talk about."

"Liang shi was truly horrid," He Heng lovingly ran his fingers through Qu Qing Ju's hair behind her back, "Xiandi hadn't done many things for me. This entire life, the only good things he did are two matters. One is you, the other is the succession edict."

"I can't compare to the succession edict. In this world, this is only one succession edict, but there are hundreds of thousands of women," Qu Qing Ju squirmed and changed her position to put her head at He Heng's neck, "Liang shi was horrid, but my father was the true culprit. My mother died of unknown causes and father was in a rush to welcome a new wife. If it wasn't for jiujiu and his family, I'm afraid that even my dowry would have been very meager. If I really had married that shoddily, then what reputation would I have had with the Imperial House?"

"The family of the Duke of Zhong Yi is very good," He Heng said a beat after hearing her words, "In this world, there are men like your father, but there are couples who are together for their lives."