51

Qu Qing Ju sat high up in the side hall, calmly looking down at the two women sitting beneath her. She had seen Wei Ran Shuang before, and as for this Wei Qin shi who'd wanted to meet her, Qu Qing Ju strangely felt that she looked somewhat similar to Liang shi.

"His Highness Duan Wang, when he was younger, had actually piggy-backed our yatou. It's been so many years now. His Highness Duan Wang has already gotten married and our yatou is almost grown up and ready for marriage herself," Wei Qin shisighed and reluctantly said to Qu Qing Ju: "Time passes by so quickly."

Qu Qing Ju smiled and motioned for Wei Qin shi to continue speaking.

Wei Qin shi hated that Duan Wang Fei could sit there so calmly, unmoved by her words. She took a sip of tea before continuing: "At the end of last year, our entire family had finally returned to Jing from the outside post. It was all thanks to His Highness Duan Wang's kindness that our family received an adequately good job here. Ran yatou, as his cousin, always thought about the boon His Highness Duan Wang gave us but since there is a separation of sexes, they were unable to meet each other. Today, I will give my thanks to wang fei. If I'm lucky, we'll get to personally thank wang ye as well."

Wei Ran Shuang seized the opportunity to stand and bow to Qu Qing Ju, "Ran Shuang thanks biao ge, thanks biao sao."

Qu Qing Ju felt her teeth were getting a bit sore. She looked at the color of the sky outside and then at the mother and daughter duo who had been sitting there for almost four hours. These two were most likely waiting for He Heng to return to the fu. She smiled and replied: "Biao meidoesn't have to be so courteous. As gege and saozi, it's proper to treat meimei and family members well."

"Wang fei is virtuous," Wei Qin shutook advantage of her words, and shamelessly proclaimed, "Shuang yatou has always really liked His Highness Duan Wang, her biao ge. Just speaking about it, I'm afraid you will laugh. Even now, she still remembers how His Highness Duan Wang cared for her in the past."

How thick did a person's skin have to be that she could say to a woman that her daughter liked the woman's husband? Qu Qing Ju jerked the corners of her mouth. She heard that this Wei Qin shi was of the same clan and branch as Qin Bai Lu, but just more distant in relation. The Qin Family was a well-educated noble family, how did it produce a woman such as Wei Qin shi?

Yin Liu, who was standing behind Qu Qing Ju, heard her words. The rage on her face was barely hidden. It was only the fact that she was more afraid of making it difficult for wang fei that made her suppress it. But her gaze, as she stared down at the mother and daughter pair of the Wei Family, became increasingly cold.

"He he," Qu Qing Ju raised the teacup for a sip to hide the mirth that nearly surged up within her, "wang ye had never mentioned biao mei to me."

The smile on Wei Qin shi's face froze. She instantly replied: "Wang ye is occupied with a myriad of state affairs. He wouldn't have remembered to discuss such minor things when he returns to the fu."

"What does Wei furen mean?" Qu Qing Ju's face darkened, "Wang ye is just an imperial son. Where does this myriad of state affairs come from? Furthermore, wang ye usually resides in zhengyuan and he always talks about the household matters with me. Why does it seem like you mean that wang ye has matters he doesn't like discussing with ben wang fei?"

Wei Qin shi was in shock. She didn't think that Duan Wang Fei could change faces so quickly without a hint of warning. She paused for a second before regrouping and said: "Please forgive me, wang feiChen fumeant no such thing."