120

When the plum blossoms of Da Long were just blooming, snow the size of goose feathers began to land in the city of Jing. The entire Jing city was enveloped in a layer of silver silk. Qu Qing Ju, dressed in a fox skin coat, stood under the leaves and reached out to hold the icy snowflakes.

Watching the snow fall, she didn't seem to be as excited as she once had been. It was like anything else beautiful. No matter how beautiful, it was just like normal once one got used to it. She took her hand back and focused on the snowflake on her hand. It did seem to have six petals and was extremely beautiful upon inspection.

She used a handkerchief to wipe away the snowflake on her hands and grasped a hand pot, "It's Rui Wang's wedding tomorrow. Nothing can go wrong with what is to be bestowed tomorrow."

"Niangniang don't worry, nubi has already closely inspected them," Mu Jing saw the Empress wasn't trying to catch snowflakes anymore and put up an umbrella to block the flying snowflake for her. In a small voice, she suggested: "Niangniang, the wind is heavy here, let's go back."

Qu Qing Ju nodded. She pulled on the red fox skin cape on her body and slowly walked into the vermillion corridors. The palace boots made muffled sounds as they stepped on the stone slabs. She expressionlessly travelled through the long corridors, past a moon door, saw the taijian that was sweeping the snow, and having finally learned to disregard their distorted backs, and sat down on the comfortable and grand phoenix carriage.

"Proceed!"

The phoenix carriage swayed slightly and then started to slowly move. As they travelled through a patch of plum trees, she pushed aside the silk curtain and saw the a branch of red plum blossoms peeking out from the walls. She could barely detect the faint scent of the plum flowers. The phoenix carriage slowly proceeded. In her vision, that blooming red plum flower gradually distanced itself and then it couldn't be seen.

She suddenly felt depressed, and put down the curtain. For some reason, she suddenly remembered the instant when she first opened her eyes in this world. A painting of red plum blossoms had been hanging on the wall. The writing of the woman at the corner of the art had been graceful and refined, just like the plum flowers in that yard. Not as grand as other flowers, but there was a delicate fragrance.

"Greetings to the Empress," The speed of the phoenix carriage slowed. Qu Qing Ju heard a somewhat familiar voice. When she lifted the curtain, she saw a woman bent beside the phoenix carriage. After a second, she finally responded, giving a faint smile and acknowledging: "Luo guipin, please rise."

"Many thanks to Empress," Luo Yin Xiu straightened her body. She didn't stare at Qu Qing Ju's face, only submissively looking at the ground.

"It's so cold out, why isn't guipintravelling on a step-carriage?" Qu Qing Ju looked at the worn fur cape on her body. Her brow furrowed and then she ordered, "Huang Yang, go take a look in the Department of Household Affairs and see if they slighted guipin. If someone was reckless enough to shortchange their superiors, then it's thirty blows."

Luo Yin Xiu bowed again: "Thanks for Empress' concern. Pinqie is fine."

Qu Qing Ju understood the rules of the palace very well. Gaze at the higher ups and step on the low ones. Flattering those who were favored. In the time of xiandi, they even dared to short-change the Empress, more less Luo Yin Xiu who had no favor or power. Thinking about it, she said in a slightly heavy voice: "The carriage, furnishings and food that a third-rank guipin should have, ben gong believes the people of the Department of Household Affairs should understand. Huang Yang, go tell them. If they can't figure out those things, they don't need to stay in their duties."