Chapter 21.

Chapter 21 here guys! Can't believe how far I've gotten with this story! Here's the usual: Jak 2 doesn't belong to me blah blah

(Ellie POV)

The three of us walked back to the hideout in silence, each with different thoughts in our heads. The boys I'm guessing were confused and frustrated but I just felt in the dumps. I missed my family. I missed my home. Hell, I even missed work.

Walking into HQ, Torn was waiting for us. "The Shadow has decided it's time to meet you." Jak seemed surprisingly calm at the moment.

"Why is that place in the old ruins so important to you?"

"There's a powerful energy force at the old house. The metal heads are drawn to it." Hurry up, I wanna go to bed.

"No kidding, we used to know the guy who lived there." 

I sighed as I hear a cranky old voice coming from behind Torn. "So you're the new recruits who keep getting into trouble."

"Oh no, not you!"

I started to drown out their conversation thinking about food, a shower and bed until I hear my name being called. "It's good to see you much better Elizabeth. You looked terrible the last time I saw you."

"I heard from Tess that you were the one who healed me when we got us out of prison. Thank you." I finished.

After I said my thanks, I went to have a much needed shower and then dinner. By the time I got to my favourite bed there was a kid sitting on it reading an old book.

This kid was Jak. Well, mini Jak. Not that anyone knew.

"Hey kid, whatcha reading?" I said to him hoping I didn't startle him to much. He looked up at me and gave a slightly frightened look but then calmed down and pointed to the cover of the book.

The title read 'The history of the Precursors' "A book on the precursors huh? Can you show me a few pages" He nodded and I sat down next to him. We read the book together even though it was mostly pictures.

After a few minutes I asked a question that was never asked in the game. "My name's Ellie. What's yours?" He went through the book and found the page he was looking for, then pointed at the name Mar.

"Your name's Mar?" He nodded. "Does anyone else know?" He shook his head. Why hadn't anyone bothered to learn his name? He was the heir to the city after all. It didn't make any sense.

After a while I noticed that both of us were nodding off. Deciding to call it quits, we both went to bed. Since he was already on mine, I let him keep it just this once.

Once I was in bed, comfy and my eyes were closed, I heard the door open. I'm guessing it was Jak returning from the forest with his newly acquired jet board. Being to tired to talk, I just decided to pretend that I was asleep. Hearing the two of them go to bed, I relaxed a little and went into dreamland.

The next morning I woke to an empty room. No Jak and Daxter and no Mar. Even no Torn which was suprising. Getting out of bed, I noticed a note on Jak's bed.

'taking the kid to the power station. See you later. Jak.'

Why he didn't just use his comm, I had no idea. It was kinda sweet though, getting a note like that.

Grabbing some breakfast and a couple of security passes, I decided to go for a walk before Torn or Samos came back. It was a lovely day so  I decided to make the most of it and took it slowly.

After a while, I headed to the Bazaars. I always thought that it was an interesting place.

As i got closer, I noticed there were more guards then usual which made me nervous. Running the missions through my head again, I remembered that Ashelin would be here waiting for an eco shipment and that Jak wold be here soon. 

So I decided to stay and wait for him. Actually no, that's a bad idea. He might wonder why I was waiting.

I walked into the area wanting to meet  Ashelin. "Hey, you're Ashelin right?" I said walking up to her. "I'm Elizabeth. It's nice to finally meet you.  Also thank you for finding Keith for me." I finished.

"It's nice to meet you to Elizabeth and you're welcome but now's probably not a good time. There's an eco tank arriving soon that seemed suspicious."

Before I could reply I hear Daxter's voice from behind me. "How's it riding in the hood red?" I face palmed.

"Get out of the area, this is Krimson Guard business. One of Vin's eco tankers is coming in from the wasteland and the clearance transmission sounded fishy. The driver was scared. We're going to check it out. just in case."

Jak looked over at me and I gave him a 'I'll tell you later' look.

"how can we help?"

"I've got it handled."

I hear a sound of a vehicle getting closer and closer until there was a loud crash. "Ah! A metal head sneak attack!" Daxter  yells, as metal heads jump out of the tanker.

"Damn! It's just us! help me take out all the metal heads!" Looking around, I noticed how much civilians there were.

"You guys focus on the metal heads! I'll get everyone out!" They nodded and advanced on the monsters.

Having my gun ready to go, just in case, I ran to the closest person. "Go quickly! I'll protect you the best I can!" As they ran away, I made sure that they got out safely as well as running to the next person.

After a good ten minutes it was finally over. Looking around I saw that thankfully there were no casualties and everyone had gotten away.

I ran over to the duo, noticing that Jak was exhausted and Dax was on the ground. Luckily they only had a few bumps and bruises and were otherwise fine. The same went for Ashelin.

"We  got 'em all! The metal heads are getting bolder everyday. It's like they're testing our defenses, like probing attacks. I've got a bad feeling about this." 

I crossed my arms as she walked away and Jak looked annoyed.

"Yeah, you're welcome."

A/N

 I always wondered why no one bothered to figure out the kids name. It was always the kid. I feel kinda bad for him.

Anyway, my new story has had its first chapter posted! Look out for 'The Hanyou and the Hitokiri' :)