Trying (Charli D'Amelio)

Y/N's View

"You've been trying for a year. What's going on?" Dixie asks.

Charli and I had been together for 4 years. The only thing we wanted was a child. Charli has wanted to be a mom and I wasn't going to stop her.

"Everything that we're trying isn't working." Charli says.

"What have you tried?" Dixie asks.

"Everything." I say.

My twin brother had even offered to provide the sperm, but it didn't work.

"Have you tried adoption?" Dixie asks.

Adoption...

I hated that word. My parents had talked about putting me in the system for so long, I couldn't forget that word.

"No." I say.

"Maybe that could be your next step." She says.

Charli looks at me with an unsure look and I sigh.

"We could talk about it." I say.

She nods her head and Dixie smiles.

"Now let's go in the bowling alley so I can destroy your asses." Dixie says.

Time Skip

In case you're wondering, Charli won.

"What do you think about adoption?" Charli asks as I lay next to her.

"And yes, I know how you feel about it." She says.

"I know how much you wanted to be able to go through that experience." I say sitting up.

"Maybe I can't even have kids." She says quietly.

"I don't know how that would be possible. You do have a cycle." I say.

"Maybe it just doesn't want to happen." She says starting to cry.

I hug her and gently rub her back. She had gotten pregnant before, and when the fans found out, it was a warzone. People supported us and they others didn't. She didn't give birth, because she suffered a miscarriage and she never stopped crying. 2 months after Charli's due date, people knew she didn't give birth. They thought it was a joke, until we had to tell them the truth. She was really bummed, because they were going to look like her and me. My brother has gotten his wife pregnant, but his sperm didn't work for us.

"Somethings happen for a reason, some don't." I say wiping her tears.

She nods her head and I kiss her forehead.

If you're willing to try everything again, I am too." She says.

"I am." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her.

Time Skip

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's not your fault, we couldn't adopt." Charli says wiping her tears.

"Maybe we can try with my brother again." I say.

"I can't handle losing another child." She says.

"This time, it's gonna be different. We're gonna make sure we go to the appointments, make sure we don't travel, we're gonna ante sure their healthy, and we're gonna be careful." I say.

She nods her head and smiles. I pick up and call my brother.

"Can we do this again?" I ask.

Time Skip