Needs And Wants (Dixie D'Amelio)

Avani is your sister. You, Dixie, and Avani are sophomores. Charli is a freshman. This takes place in LA.

Dixie's View

You may not believe me, but I love robots. I've been working with them since I started middle school. Soon I had a competition against the rival team. The robotics club was divided into 2 teams; the Challengers and the Innovators. I'm on the Challengers and today someone else joined.

The door opened and I look up. I see Avani walk in with a girl.

"Dixie, this is Y/n, my sister. Y/n this is Dixie, my best friend." Avani says as I shake the girl's hand.

"Why haven't I seen her before?" I ask.

"She was going to Downtown Hartford Tech." Avani says.

"She's smarter than you." I say.

"Obviously." Y/n says.

Avani rolls her eyes and I smile.

"Later, losers." Avani says leaving.

"Dix." Charli says.

"Yeah?" I ask walking to her.

"It's stuck." She says.

I type on the keyboard and it doesn't work.

"Let me try." Y/n says.

I back up and she looks at the computer. She erases a line of code and rewrites it.

"Try it now." She says.

Charli presses the button and the robot moves. I high-five Y/n and she smile.

"What was wrong with it?" I ask.

"One of the words was too complex for the robot to understand." She says.

"That makes sense." Charli says.

Y/n's View

The bell rings and everyone leaves the room. I see Addison and I hug her.

"I haven't see you in so long." I say.

She's my ex-girlfriend, but we ended things on a good note.

"What are you doing here?" Addison asks.

We were long distance and she broke up with me after 3 years of dating.

"I have to stay with Avani for a while." I say.

I had to live by myself for a few weeks and Avani didn't trust me. I hurt myself in the past and she doesn't want me to do it again.

"Are you happy?" She asks.

I was depressed for 5 months and staying with Avani made me feel better.

"Yes." I say.

She rolls my sleeve up and looks at my arm.

"This is a new scar." She says.