Different (Charli D'Amelio)

Y/n's View

"You're just a liar and a cheater!" Jodi shouts at me.

I just sat there. I didn't have anything to prove. I didn't cheat and she ever listens. Every time I try to talk, she cuts me off. I don't even love her anymore.

"You aren't even gonna put up a fight?" She asks.

"Let me tell you something, Jodiene. You don't get to come to my house and accuse me of something I didn't do. I'm tired of you hitting me and you screaming so loud, that I have to change my little sister's diaper." I say.

"Look, I work hard and you don't see that. I have homework, Softball practice, and I have to take care of my little sister. I don't have time to cheat. I barely have any time to talk to you. I make sure I can at least call and ask how you feel. Apparently, that's not enough." I say.

She slaps me and I look at her.

"I'm tired of you verbally abusing me, physically abusing me, yelling, screaming, and you searching my phone. I don't want you. I don't even need you." I say.

"Baby." She says starting to cry.

"I'm done with you." I say.

She leaves and I sigh. I didn't know what to do anymore. 

I looked out the window and I saw Charli reading a book. She's famous, but her life is so calm. She's the reason I'm still alive. She stopped me from going too far. Maybe I should talk to her.

I sit on my bed until I hear a knock on my window

I sit on my bed until I hear a knock on my window. I let Charli in and we sit on my bed.

Charli's View

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I don't even know anymore." Y/n says starting to cry.

"You can tell me anything." I say wiping her tears.

"We're arguing again. She just keeps yelling at me and it never ends. I don't even love her anymore. It's hard to when all she does is..." She says.

She trails off on the last words so I can't hear.

"What?" I ask.

"All she does is hit me." She says.

"Physically?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says.

She never told me about that. We're best friends. I just want her to be happy.

"She's not gonna hurt you anymore." I say holding her hand.

"She keeps calling me saying that she misses me, but she never shows it." She says.

"Sometimes you have to do what it takes to be happy. Even if it means letting them go." I say gently rubbing her hand.

She nods her head and smiles.

"Thanks." She says.

"What are friends for?" I ask.