Jakes embrace.

I was sitting in the passengers seat when Jake climbed in.

He started the ignition, and took my hand. Thats when the fire works exploded, I almost pulled my hand away because the sensation was so shocking, it was like an eletric current running through our hands.

Jake Looked at me, with his soft brown eyes, his face echoed the darkness, as he whispered, "Not everyone, is whom they seem, Lily, promise me to be careful."

I nodded, not sure what he meant, but being in the car with him, my hand in his. I had an urge to lean in, brush my lips across his, but I knew better, I looked out the window, Jakes hand squeezed mine, and he started driving, talking about life, how he didn't go to school anymore, and about what he used his spare time for.

I was listening, but not to his words, I wasn't stringing them together so they made sence, instead all I could think, was how beautiful his voice was, and how much I wished he was mine.

The days activities flew out of my mind. Like nothing in the world exsisted but this very moment, Tracing my fingers over Jakes hand inspecting it, turning it over, his hand was so warm, I lifted it to my face and ran his hand along my cheek, feeling the warmth, Jacob was such a warm person, not just he was Jacob.

Silver light from the head lights trickled over the road, lighting up bits of the forest at random, I undone my window, and stared out of it, watching the colours of the light hitting the trees, and the way the road just dissapeared under the tyres.

Thats when I saw her, standing by the tree, my heart stopped as I saw her face light up in an evil grin, and something beside her, something that wasn't human, wasn't anything I had ever seen before.

Jacob hit the accelerator, and did up my window, swerving corner after corner, I didn't look back out the window, to afraid I might see her again, instead I stared at Jacob, he was a good distraction.

"Why did you speed up?" It suddenly hit me, why if the Vampire Lady was just a dream, why as soon as I ser her did Jake have to speed up?

"Billie cooked dinner for us, before him and Charlie left, It's probably getting really cold." Jake shrugged, simply smiling at me.

"Oh, okay. How are you Jake?" I asked, I guess I was sorta hoping for him to say something like, Not that good Lily, you see for so long I have been trying to convince I loved this girl, but all along, all along, its been her sister I was in love with, Then he would pull over to the side of the road, His warm hands would reach up to cup my face, I would bite me lip, whisper Are you sure? His lips would form his Jacob grin, and warmth that always fulled me when I was with Jake would over come me, his hand would cup the back of my head as he whispered, "Nayeli"

HIs lips would brush across mine, his eyes closing, His arm trailing onto my waist, as he deepened the kiss.

HIs answer plunged me back into reality.

"I think Bellas, finaly starting to realise she loves me." He smiled, taking his eyes away from the road, I grinned at him, "Really, wow thats, thats great, But Jake, She has Edward." My stomach felt like someone had lit a torch and shoved it down my throat, my insides were, burning, melting, disintergrating.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to breathe.

"Lily, she is exactly right for me." He whispered squeezing my hand, it took all my will power not to whisper, 'But so am I.'

"I make her Happy Lily, being with her, its like breathing and I know she feels it too." He kept his eyes on the road now, turning into his drive way.

"Jake, what if you make someone else feel that way too, what if-"

But he placed his fingers over my lips.

"It's Bella, Lily I just- I know it."

I pulled my hand out of his, tears brimming in my eyes, as I slammed the door, I don't know why I was so mad, it was stupid, no it wasn't stupid Jake was stupid. Jake he was so stupid. And I loved everything about him, even the part of him that kept pushing me away.

I was storming aimlessly, not even knowing where I was going, Warm arms caught up with me.

"Hey, Lils, Lils where are you going." Jake soothed in my ear.

Turning me around so my face was burried in his chest, he hugged me in a tight bare hug.

"Its just been, a long, long day." I sighed hugging him back. Well I sort of melted into him.

It wasn't hard to melt into Jake he was so warm.

**

We were sitting on his couch, watching sport on the t.v both Jake and I were into sports so unlike Bella.

I had my legs across his lap, and my jeans pulled up to my knees. His warm hands absent mindedly tracing up and down my legs. Making patterns with his hands. Until there was five minutes left on the games clock, and the reff called a foul on our team.

"Thats bull, he pushed himself over!" I yelled at the t.v

"Aww come on! Reff are you thick that wasn't a foul!"

Jake and I screamed at the t.v, not that the reff could even hear us, We looked at each other and roared with laughter, knowing what dorks we both were.

Then as the seconds ticked to the end of the game our team scored, the final winning goal.

We both jumped off the Sofa yelling in excitment, Jake picking me off the ground

and spinning me around, we both danced around the lounge excited as kids on chrismas day.

We sat back down on the sofa, Jake wrapping his arms around me, we sat down as a movie followed the sports game, about a boy, who was falling in love with a girl, who loved someone else, and he never saw the girl, right under his nose, loving him all along, until the very end, and they fall madly for each other. That movie really gave me an odd sence of hope, was it possible?

I rested my head on his shoulder, and my eyes closed, as I slowly drifted off.

I awoke when warm arms, lifted me off the sofa, but I kept my eyes shut, pretending to be asleep, as Jake carried me carefuly to his bed room, Charlie and Bella were both away for the weekend, so It wouldn't matter that I wasn't home.

I snuggled into his chest, as he slid me on to his bed, he kissed my forehead and pulled up the blankets, "You are so beautiful." He sighed, "Why can't I love you." I swore I heared him whisper, I whimpered. Jake assuming I was having a nightmare, caressed his hand across my cheek. "I'm here Lils, nothing can touch you." He whispered,

I didn't open my eyes but I sleepily whispered, "Can you sleep with me."

Jake chuckled, "Why you scared?" But I didn't answer To sleepy to string words together.

Jake stood up, and started rustling around the room, I waited patiently, then he was in bed beside me, he wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me into his warm body.

He had taken his shirt off, and only had trackies on, he rubbed my arm, gently soothing me, as he sang a quileute lullaby in my ear. his voice, like him, was beautiful.

I didn't want to fall asleep, I wanted this to last forever, because at this very moment, it didn't matter that he loved Bella not me, it didn't matter that some Vampire was trying to kill me, nothing mattered, Jake had said he wished he could love me.

My eyes closed as sleep found me.