Breakfast at Uleys

The sun had crawled its way through Jakes curtains, not that you could call them curtains, it was just a sheet drapped over the bar that use to hold his curtain, before Embry pulled it down.

I blinked, trying to stop the scorching rays from burning my eyes.

I smiled to myself, a sunny day in fawks, this had to be a good sign!

Jake had his arm draped over me, only half his body had managed to fit on the bed, he was such a giant these days, he made me feel so tiny.

Regretably I pulled myself away from Jakes embrace, it was much to hot, to stay there, for much longer.

I was careful as I moved off the bed, not wanting to risk waking him, he looked so peaceful, so innocent as he slept, there wasn't that auror of authority and toughness about him.

He was the Jake that he had been ten years before, I smiled, as I made my way out of his room, careful not to wake him.

"Morning Lily!" Billy called cheerfuly, I blushed scarlett, "Mo-morning Billy, I hope you d-don't mind that-" But Billys chuckle at my embaressment cut me off. "That you just walked out of my sons  room after spending the night? Well as long as Charlie doesn't bring his shot gun round, I don't mind." He smiled crinkles forming in his aged face.

I smiled, "Nothing Happened Billy, we just slept."

Billy nodded, his head slightly to the side, as if inspecting me.

"Hes to occupied with Bella." I mumbled walking over to the breakfast table and sitting down. Billy followed in his wheel chair.

"Ahh, yes Bella, Bella, Bella." He pulled a jug of orange juice out of the fridge and set it on the table.

along with two glasses, I took the jug and poured us each a glass.

Billy watching me the entire time, with his wise careful eyes.

"You, like him don't you?" He finaly asked in a low tone so only I could hear.

The question startled me, and I shrugged. "Like, Like who Billy?"

He just chuckled and shook his head, "Alright, if you don't want to tell me, thats fine, Just don't go getting yourself hurt. Jakes observant, but sometime, he can be, well oblivious." He sighed.

I looked down into my orange juice, and sighed, was I really that obvious that even Billy knew? Or was Billy just extra observant.

"Morning Lils." Jake yawned coming up behind me, and resting a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Were, going over to Sams for breakfast. That okay Dad?" Jake told his Dad.

Billy raised his eyebrows, "Are you sure thats wise Jake?"

Jake just grinned and grabbed my hand. "When have I ever been wise?"

Billy shook his head.

***

The rabbit moved smooth across the bumpy road, "Hey Lily, don't stare at Sams Fiance, Emmily, she uhh had an accident, mauled by a bear  up north during salmon spawning"

I stared at him as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Ohkay??" I said slowly not entirely sure what he meant.

There were four tall boys, that almost looked identical to each other as we pulled into the drive.

The boys from my welcome party.

Jake was out first opening the door for me, "Um Jake are you sure, I'm allowed to you know come on your gangs turf?"

He laughed at this, "It's not really so much a Gang Lily."

I just nodded, taking his hand I walked forwards towards the huge boys.

"Morning Jake." One of them called, then He saw me. His face clouded, in frustration.

"Jake! You can't keep bringing people here!" He growled, I took a step back, looking at Jake aprehensivley.

"Can It Paul, Sam invited her."

Paul gave him the most evil stare I had ever seen, Jake just chuckled.

"You always have it your way don't you Jake." With that he stormed inside.

The other three just laughed and walked over to us.

The tallest of the lot held out his hand to me, "It Embry, that was Paul, and this is Quil, and Jared"

I smiled at them, "Lily, Sorry for intruding like this."

They all just grinned, and Embry wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Haha It's nice for a change not having the Leech Lov-" Jake had kicked him and he stopped talking, "Well I mean-uhh its nice to have some one new round here." With that him, Jared and Quil ran into the house chuckling.

"Uhh, Jake maybe I'll wait in the car?" I whispered turning around, I really didn't want to upset that Paul boy anymore then I already had.

"Cool it, Lily, seriously your not intruding."

I got what Jake meant the second I stepped into Sams house, Emmilys face was Beautiful, but as soon as she turned to fully face me, it took a lot of effort not to gasp.

Half her face were covered in horrific scars, from her temple right across her lips. She smiled at me Warmly.

"Hey Lily."

I grinned back, the shock wearing off, it was hard to believe she had fallen off a cliffe it looked more like she had been swiped by a bear, or  some other huge animal.

Breakfast ended up being a lot more fun then I had anticipated, the boys all acted like brothers, mocking each other, tossing food across the table, and eating more the humanly possible.

Sam and Emmily, they were such a beautiful couple, they seemed to almost orbit each other and each move of theirs was in unison.

I smiled, I wish, that could be me and Jake, they were not two seperate people, they were combined as one, in two seperate bodies.

Leah, the only other girl at the table, stared at them with a look of anger and pain on her face, all at once. I had a feeling she liked Sam. The way she looked at them, like it pained her just to be in the same room, it reminded me so much, of how it felt to watch Bella and Jake together. I couldn't help but pitty her.