Padfoot

1 November 1993

Chère mère,

Comment allez-vous? It has been a while since I last sent you a letter. When you receive it, I am sure that the snow will then be so thick. It's cold out here. Cold because you are no here. Cold because I still am working on feeling like home. It's different without you, mum. But I am grateful. Despite coming out as his daughter, I was still able to gain some friends, real ones, I believe. Also, I have already met him, the Potter boy. It is true. He is legend here. But he is sad. Incomplete. Like me. I hope we both get the answers we need. 

Last night, he broke into the castle. I hoped to find him but, I did not know how to. It made things harder. They are now keeping an eye on me and Harry. I suppose some students are thinking I let him in. But how? How when I am not even sure whether he knows that I am here?I heard that terrible fate awaits him, should they find him. Remus told me all about the things that could happen. What should I do, mum? I need to see him before them. Find him. But how?

On a lighter note, being here at Hogwarts makes me feel closer to you. And to him. It's beautiful here and the stories you told me when I was younger has come to life. I am not giving up now, mum. I will find him and uncover the truth. 

I love you, mum. I will see you soon.

Always, 

Ta fille

---

After Sirius broke into Hogwarts, Y/N suffered just as much discrimination and judgment from the faculty and the students alike. It was rather difficult to convince them that she did not have any part of him breaking into the castle. The Fat Lady did not help either, she made things worse for Y/N. But it did not faze her. Y/N remained steadfast and focused on her goal -- find her father before anybody else.

Few months had past since the last time she heard a news about her father. The term was about to end and she did not want to leave Hogwarts without seeing her father. Y/N was confident she'd uncover the truth, as she was not alone in looking for it. She had already learned Remus' condition and heard the stories about their friendship. And how Sirius might've indeed suffered from wrong accusations. Like Y/N, Remus was determined to figure things out and finally piece them together.

At the last days of exams, Y/N stayed up late in the common room, hoping to receive more answers. Hermione had been missing from her bed, and she supposed Harry and Ron were, too. She'd thought of looking for them, but just before she attempted to leave, a soft call of her name halted her.

"Y/N. Why aren't you sleeping?"

Y/N jumped a little, surprised that someone was awake in the wee hours of night. Turning to see who it was, she smiled softly.

"Hey, Georgie. Nothing... just reading. Why are you up?" she asked, taking a seat as she put her wand on the table.

George simply shrugged at her and plopped beside her, casually stretching his long limbs and rested his arm at the back of the couch where Y/N was leaning. 

"Couldn't sleep," he said, followed by a yawn. "I know you're thinking about the exams. But I know you did great."

Y/N snickered and looked up at him, noticing his rather sleepy expression that contradicted what he said about not being able to sleep, "I am not too worried about such. Not too grade-conscious."

"Yeah. You're naturally great, though." the redhead marveled, making Y/N's cheek flush.

"Thanks, I guess." 

The hour past when George and Y/N had just stayed there, talking about everything - Y/N's worries, plans for summer, the following year, the twin's tricks. They had gone closer than ever and Y/N always remembered George asking her to not leave his sight when Sirius broke into the castle. He had become so protective of her, which the lass was grateful for. At least, no one would mess around with her too much when the kings of mischief supported and always had her back. They became each other's best friend, for Y/N at least, but as for George, he reckoned he had already started fancying the lady.