Fire Away

"You keep saying that you're alright
But I can see it through the fake smile, you're not
There's a reservoir in your eyes
That you've been holding back a long time, that's wrong

Darling you don't have to hold it
You don't have to be afraid
You can go ahead and unload it
'Cause you know it'll be okay

Fire away
Fire away

Hold me close but at a distance
Thinking I don't ever listen, but I do
I know sometimes I get confusing
You might be lost but I won't be losing you

And I will steady your hand
When you're losing your grip
Even if I don't understand
You can talk to me

Fire away
Fire away"

NOTE: Mentions of loss, depression

--

Grief ate Y/N wholly. The lady mourned the loss of her father in silence, afraid to cause more anxiety to the already worried people around her. She had lost her parents but seemed to numb the pain and pretend to be strong in front of the others, except for George who could see through her eyes.

Y/N spent her time in the Burrow before being transported back to Hogwarts on the last day of term to get her belongings. Luckily, she was able to finish all her requirements before the battle in the ministry transpired. She was still unwell but carried herself with courage despite the pain that gripped her whole being so tightly. Remus, Molly, Arthur, and the other members of the Order saw to it that Y/N would have everything she needed, including the will that Sirius left.

As she arrived back in Gryffindor, others who might have already heard about the story of his father who was proven innocent during the battle gave her a different look. Before, prejudice filled their minds especially when Sirius was blamed for the mass breakouts in Azkaban. She ignored majority of them except for Ginny who rushed towards her to give a hug before leading her to their room. Ginny did not speak, she knew that wasn't the best time, especially when Y/N was still grieving. Y/N forced herself to get out of the room for the last feast that term, knowing full well that she'd receive pity and questions. 

"Hey Y/N..." Neville called, reluctantly walking with her towards the Great Hall.

"Hey Neville. Thank Godric you're okay..." she smiled.

"Y/N... I-I a-am sorry about your f-father. H-he saved us... H-he was so brave." He stuttered, placing a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to console her.

"Thank you, Neville."

As they neared the hall, that was when Y/N's gaze landed on Harry and immediately saw the ghost of guilt, sorrow, and anger on his face. She took few slow steps towards him who could not even meet her eyes. 

"We'll be okay..." Y/N croaked, breaking the ice as her tears finally fell free once Harry held her. Harry tugged on the back of shirt so tight as they both sobbed against each other's embrace. Their cries were painful, even their friends who were around them felt it enough to tear up as well.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. It's my fault. It's my fault," Harry cried.

Y/N sniffled before pulling away and wiping her own tears, "Shush. We'll be alright, Harry. We'll be alright, I promise."

-- 

The train ride home was eerily quiet, given that Y/N was seated with Harry, Ron, and Hermione instead of the twins. Her head throbbed both from crying too much and holding back her tears that all she did was sleep throughout the journey.