The Redheads and the Dark Mark

16 August 1994

Y/N hated that feeling. She felt that her whole body compressed and was sucked in a tight hole before completely bursting out, leaving her scrambling on the ground of what seems like a huge garden in front of a large wooden house. 

"Ow," Y/N winced softly, before Remus assisted her to her feet and handed her enchanted satchel containing all her belongings. It was a trick her mother had made for her -- an undetected extension charm. Of course it was not something easy to do, given that in Britain, it was heavily controlled by the Ministry.

"I must leave you here. I already let Arthur know you'd arrive today. Write to me and to your parents, alright?" Remus said, patting her head before pulling her into a hug. "I will see you again soon."

Y/N gave Remus a soft smile as she backed away, "I will. Thanks, Remus!" she exclaimed, watching the man vanish into thin air.

Her eyes surveyed the area upon realising she was indeed in a huge garden. Different colourful, magical plants surrounded her and she could not stop being mesmerised. Although, a rather noisy owl started approaching which ended her trance. 

She took slow, careful steps towards the door of the house. There were loud voices inside which meant that the family might be complete. Y/N's heart rate increased rapidly, afraid of the judgment she might receive from the other redheads apart from the twins, Ron, and Ginny. Y/N had always despised Percy, so she was least excited to meet him and did care about what he thought of her. 

Mustering up her courage however, Y/N knocked at their door and waited for someone to answer. "Hello?"

"Who's there?" a rather shrill voice of middle-aged lady rang through her ears before the door opened hastily in-front of her. 

"Y/N!" the twins exclaimed as they ran towards her. George, jumping with excitement gave her a tight hug. 

"Hey," she murmured in the embrace before Fred pulled her away from George before hugging her quickly. 

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Weasley. I am Y/N. Y/N... Black." she trailed off, still quite embarrassed. Y/N did not know whether the other Weasleys were already aware of what happened, and that Sirius was innocent, and she knew that no parents would want their kids associated with the daughter of an infamous mass murderer, might it be true or not. Just before she looked down on her feet, the woman smiled warmly at her, shook her head, and pulled her into a comforting hug.

"I've heard so much about you. Welcome to the Burrow," Molly pulled away, brushing the end of her dark locks. "Come on in, my dear Y/N. You're just in time for dinner."

Y/N smiled widely at her, heart was full from just how warm she was welcomed, and full from the way she gave her a real mother's hug. It had been a while since Y/N felt a mother's touch due to being away from her mother. 

George watched her all the while, taking her satchel off her shoulder before leading her to the kitchen. Then a hurried footstep approached from the stairs and as Y/N looked back, Ginny was rushing towards her with her arms outstretched. 

"Y/N! It's good to see you!" Ginny squealed as her rather thin arms enclosed around her, standing in tip-toes to reach her, "I am glad you can join us."

"Yeah, I promised you I would come." A soft, graceful laugh escaped Y/N's lips as Ginny led her towards the chair beside her. 

"Is our guest in?" A voice boomed from behind her and Y/N politely stood to greet the man, Arthur Weasley.

"Hello, sir. I'm Y/N. Y/N Black."

"Hello, you beauty. I'm Arthur Weasley." the man held out his hand and Y/N clasped it tightly, smiling at the man who seemed to look quite amazed.