We Bleed to Know We're Alive

"And I'd give up forever to touch you'Cause I know that you feel me somehowYou're the closest to heaven that I'll ever beAnd I don't want to go home right now

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

--

April 1998

-Y/N-

Few days before April, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were captured by snatchers and narrowly escaped death in the Malfoy Manor. It was Dobby who saved them and transported them to Shell Cottage, along with Dean, Luna, Griphook, and Ollivander. Bill quickly alerted us to pack especially with the Death Eaters knowing that Ron was with Harry. We were all sure the Burrow would be the next target. 

Thankfully, Ginny was on Easter Holidays and was with us during the event, or she might've been seized before we could ensure her safety. Bill and Arthur quickly made arrangement on how we could be transported safely to Muriel's house and protected using the Fidelius Charm. It meant that we couldn't all go to work due to the complications. 

Muriel allowed us to take refuge under her roof but the old-bat was truly awful. I was thankful, however, that she liked my grandmother enough for her to give me a room all for myself.  The twins shared a room beside, Ginny had her own on the first floor, and Molly and Arthur was just beside Ginny's. Fred and George drove her crazy by still operating on Owl-Order on one of the back rooms. I was able to pacify her by helping her revamp her closet and old clothes, and also gave her a piece of old jewellery I bought few Christmas back. 

Although, despite the war there were still some good things worth celebrating, like Fred and George's birthday. I prepared a cake for the two of them, and assisted Molly in preparing their favourite meals. It was the least we could do to still celebrate life. We almost lost George the previous year and I wouldn't let anything stop us from celebrating another year given to them. The twins were delighted that I still managed to buy them presents and shocked to wake up with a full-feast for lunch and dinner.

--

Few days after their birthday, George and I were busy preparing the Owl-Orders despite Muriel's chagrin when a loud knocking broke at the middle of the night.

"Arthur! It's me. Remus John Lupin." The voice called out, as if excited. 

Mr. Weasley quickly answered the door by asking few questions to make sure it was indeed Remus. All of us already had our wands drawn in case it was any intruder.