Someone Who Loves Me

"You'll let me cry it out'Cause you know that sometimes I can't stopAnd still I'm seeking howTo stand up when the bottom drops

'Cause you know that sometimes I can't stop
And still I'm seeking how
To stand up when the bottom drops

The weight of all the world
Can blind me to its beauty
But every time I need to be reminded
I know you will, and say you're still someone who loves me

I try to push it down
But it comes back faster and harder
Tides are changing on a dime
And I'm just trying to keep my head above the water

Surrender's just a word
'Til you try it out
And see how hard it is to hurt
With someone else around

I'm the worst I've ever been
Afraid of almost everything
The skies are clear but storms are always comin'

Your gift to me is just to be
Bracing for the winds I always summon
My home, my heart
Thank God you are someone who loves me"

--

1st August 1997

-Y/N-

Being on George's arms every waking hours were such a bliss in dark times like these. And there'd be days like these, my mum always said. The storm inside me was incessant. I often dreamt about my parents, the way they died and the way I wasn't even able to say goodbye. I was always in the deep-end but George always served as my anchor, willingly saving me from drowning and getting washed away. I never thought I was still capable of feeling pain so deep after losing my parents but then the incident happened, when I almost lost him. I was always afraid of almost everything since then - scared of uncertainties which were always upon us, scared of the dangers we face daily, and scared of joy in fear of it being stripped away eventually.

But George. George who almost lost his life was still ever so optimistic, ever so alive. He never faltered. His strength never wavered. He remained steadfast despite every thing that had happened. George managed to put a smile on our faces and make fun of his own injury just so we'd feel better. George was my ray of sunshine. And I knew he always would be. Love was always something to be celebrated and Bill and Fleur's wedding was just a reminder that no matter how dark things can be, it was always our choice to seek the light. 

It had been a busy few days of preparation for the wedding and everybody was busy ensuring that all preparations were covered. Fleur's parents were shockingly pleasant, helpful, and warm, which alleviate the pressure from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. They also entrusted me to welcome the guests, given that I was used to dealing with French people having been born and raised in France myself.

I took charge of helping Fleur, Gabrielle, and Ginny prepare for the entourage. They did not have to do much. Gabrielle carried the same aura her sister has, while Ginny was a natural beauty, wearing her dress with sophisticated glamour I was sure Harry would be mesmerised with.