Not Going Down

"They're coming for you gotta out run themThunder in the air, hear it hummingSummon the war song you cut your teeth onThey're coming for you, gotta out run them

Thunder in the air, hear it humming
Summon the war song you cut your teeth on
They're coming for you, gotta out run them

Feel your heart race and the ground shake
Til the smoke fades

Fire in our blood feel it burning
Get ready for a fight,
cause we're coming without a warning

Feel your heart race and the ground shake
Til the smoke fades

We're not going down
Not going down
Nothing's gonna take us now
We're not going down
We're not going down"

--

-Y/N-

I opened my eyes to a beautiful garden, the flowers were blooming and multi-coloured butterflies were flying around the area.

And there she was a little girl not nearly three running around barefoot, reaching for, and chasing the butterflies with her stubby hands. Her skin was white, her eyes cold blue, but her smile was warm, and mop of black locks covered her small head. Then, she lied on the ground, arms outstretched as the sun shone down on her, making her skin flush under the gentle heat.

I walked closer towards her to see woman who looked like the child. Her skin was as pale as the child, eyes held similar gaze, but her hair was almost as white as platinum unlike the child's pitch black one. She was beautiful. Breathtaking, even. She held the child in her arms and peppered her with playful kisses.

"Mum..." I realised as the scene shifted.

There I was, during my first train ride towards Hogwarts and in a second the door opened to George and Fred. I was there, watching myself laughing with the twins, only seperated by a shimmering veil.

It shifted once more and I was transported back to when I first met my father. A memory I kept in the back of my mind to serve as my lifeboat whenever I am drowning.

Tears were falling then. All the beautiful memories I had with my mother played as if on loop, followed by that seemingly perfect Christmas with my dad.

Then, the Yule Ball. George held me ever so closely, whispering just one word, "Stay..."

We vanished before my eyes and the scene changed once more.

I was in the Astronomy Tower, watching a young Sirius and a young Anaïs in each other's embrace, swaying as Sirius hummed. They were in bliss, younger than I ever saw them before. Then, mum turned to me.