Fade Out Again

"Rows of houses, all bearing down on meI can feel their blue hands touching meAll these things into positionAll these things we'll one day swallow wholeAnd fade out again and fade out

I can feel their blue hands touching me
All these things into position
All these things we'll one day swallow whole
And fade out again and fade out

This machine will, will not communicate
These thoughts and the strain I am under
Be a world child, form a circle
Before we all go under
And fade out again and fade out again

Cracked eggs, dead birds
Scream as they fight for life
I can feel death, can see its beady eyes
All these things into position
All these things we'll one day swallow whole
Fade out again
Fade out again

Immerse your soul in love
Immerse your soul in love"

--

April 1996

-Y/N-

The Dumbledore's Army was discovered as Marietta Edgecombe let it slip to Dolores Umbridge. The DA was punished just a day after Dumbledore left Hogwarts and the toad in pink took the position as the new headmistress. I reckoned it would be an awful punishment. I did not care about myself and the other grown-ups. I mainly cared about those younger than us who did not deserve to be in such pain. Also, I remember my mum packed some essence of dittany, but I worried it won't suffice for us all. 

The pink toad led us to one of the classrooms to carry out the punishment and all the while, I was thinking of hexing her. She was a loathsome, evil gargoyle who deserved to die an agonising death. 

As we walked towards the room, Fred and George whispered something about letting the toad pay for what she had done and I was in hundred-percent agreement to whatever they were planning. We did not have much time to talk as we all faced her punishment. 

I sat on few rows from the toad and it took all my will-power not blast the devil herself from where she was seated. She bewitched all the quills and it did not take long for me to feel the burning pain of blades cutting deeply into the back of my hand until it bled. I already heart sniffles from beside me yet felt hopeless when all I can do was clench my own fist. I never felt anger this badly. I was enraged. 

Once we were released, I spent the night reaching out to the DA members who were punished to sneakily give their wounds a drop or two of the Dittany, to at least alleviate the pain and mend the wounds. It was a the least I could do to help. I got preoccupied in ensuring all of them got the drop that I forgot my own wound. 

"Y/N." George took two quick strides towards me and sat me down on the common room.

"Your wound?" I asked and he shook his head, taking the almost cleared bottle from my hand.