A World Where Roses Bloom

"Hold me close and hold me fastThe magic spell you castThis is La Vie En Rose

The magic spell you cast
This is La Vie En Rose

When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see La Vie En Rose

When you press me to your heart (Quand il me prend dans ses bras)
I'm in a world apart (Je vois la vie en rose)
A world where roses bloom

And when you speak, angels sing from above
Everyday words seem to turn into love songs
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be La Vie En Rose

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose

Il me dit des mots d'amour (And I don't know why)
Des mots de tous les jours (I close my eyes)
Et ça me fait quelque chose (If only you would)
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La Vie En Rose

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la causeC'est toi pour moi, moi pour toi dans la vie
Il (Elle) me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La Vie En Rose"

--

May 1999; Paimpont, Brittany, France

Y/N and George boarded the new muggle underground train instead of Apparating as to spend more time together, and have a feel of what it was like to travel like muggles. Given the distance, George reckoned Y/N would not be fully comfortable in Apparating which would make it even more dangerous. They alighted in Hauts-de-France from Kent, and then just apparated once they set foot in the French coasts.

The spring was in full bloom few weeks before the summer solstice that year, France was warmer and dryer than England, and held perfect weather the day Y/N and George arrived in Brittany. George was awestruck upon emerging in a completely new location when they Apparated. The place was other-worldly and even more magical. The sun lit up the streets of cobblestones and medieval villages, giving the place an even more elegant flair. Y/N felt a sense of nostalgia as she walked along the alleyways of brick and timber houses with George, reminiscing her childhood before she left the French country-side to move to England. It was as beautiful as she remembered. 

George on the other hand, looked as if he hadn't seen anything like that before. It was as if he was just in his first year and it was his first time walking inside the Great Hall. His eyes were wide open despite the gleaming sun, not wanting to miss a glimpse of the seemingly perfect street of little castles.