Enchantment

"I wait for youI'm mesmerizedThis love is like a potion in disguiseI'd tightrope walk with a blindfold on my eyesI can't escape, or so it seemsI'd run away; he's in my dreamsHe possesses an enchantment

"I wait for you
I'm mesmerized
This love is like a potion in disguise
I'd tightrope walk with a blindfold on my eyes
I can't escape, or so it seems
I'd run away; he's in my dreams
He possesses an enchantment

Tell me I'm forgiven
He calls; don't know how I fell under his spell
Lately, I've been driven
He smiles an enchantment"

--

25 December 1994

"Oh Y/N, thank you so much!" Hermione gasped, looking at herself in the mirror and seeing what Y/N did with her hair and make-up. She was beautiful, like a proper damsel ready woo a prince any time. Hermione's hair was pinned-up properly, ends were smoothed, and Y/N did magic in ensuring her usual bushy hair would be tamed.

"You look dashing, Hermione." Y/N praised, putting the last pins on her hair and finishing with some hairspray.

As promised, Y/N helped Ginny and Hermione with their hair and make-up which both the ladies were grateful for.

Y/N was glad to be able to help the two, especially Ginny who was really excited to attend the ball despite just being on her third year. Y/N just simply pinned her hair back with a light touch of make-up that complimented her dress.

"Oh, I am sorry Y/N. We took much of your preparation time."

"No worries, Hermione. I'll be quick. Go ahead both of you! Your dates await!"

"Thanks, Y/N." Ginny gave her a quick hug before running out.

"Ginny, tell George I'll just meet him at the Great Hall once I am done preparing, yeah?" Y/N called out before locking the door and finally preparing herself.

Y/N only had about half an hour left before the start of the ball, but was not too worried as she just planned a simple hair and make-up for herself.

The lady turned her music on as she put on some make-up which consisted of simple eyeshadow, eyeliner, a peachy-pink blush to add a pop of colour on her pale cheek, and a simple warm mauve lipstick just to add a bit of tint on her already cherry lips.

All the while, her mother's enchanted comb was already working on Y/N's desired hairstyle which was simple - sleek, black hair on a deep side-part. As she surveyed herself in the mirror, she felt that something was missing, so she rummaged through the accessories and found nice pieces of gold celestial pins which matched her gown perfectly. She placed the hair accessories on the smaller area where her hair was parted, tucked it behind her ear, and wore similar celestial ear-cuffs on her exposed ear. Y/N reckoned her mother had it all planned just by how everything matched perfectly.

Then, Y/N carefully put on gown which fit her like second skin, as her mother said. The lady was in awe of just how the gown matched the one she always dreamt of.