Amidst the Madness

"In the shadows hear the voicesIn the echo there's a cryFeel the thunder, hold the fear insideTake cover

In the echo there's a cry
Feel the thunder, hold the fear inside
Take cover

From the ashes, dirt, and rubble
In the middle of the madness

We need a hero
When it all goes down
We need a hero
Come save us now"

--

1 May 1998

When the news about the Harry, Ron, and Hermione's break-in of Gringotts reached them, Y/N knew that attacks would soon follow. It was not long before the Death Eater infiltrate every place they could possible find Harry. Bill alerted them that morning about the plan, and while he did not approve of it, he knew it was crucial for Harry to carry it out. He also let the other Order members know of to ensure that they'd be prepared in case anything happened. 

Y/N and the twins stopped their operations in agreement that they must be on the look-out for any news about the three. It was agonising to wait for news while being unable to do anything to make sure that the three was safe. 

Just a few hours before midnight, Fred, George, Y/N, and Ginny were huddled in the living area, awaiting for any news about the whereabouts of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It was quite hard to refuse sleep when the three still hadn't arrived at the Shell Cottage where they were before the break-in. Y/N was fiddling with her fake galleon the DA used to communicate their meetings secretly when it suddenly changed colours and the messaged appeared. 

Lightning had struck. Harry was in Hogwarts. Neville informed the team to apparated directly inside Hog's Head Inn as to not set off the Caterwauling Charm. 

"We have to go. Quickly." Fred informed them and Ginny quickly got up to prepare herself. 

"Ginny... I don't think..." Y/N started, thinking she was too young and was underage to face the battle.

"I can't stay here and wait, Y/N." She was headstrong and wouldn't let anyone stop her.

George gave Y/N a knowing look and helped her in putting her jacket. Y/N kept her wand in the holster inside her jacket where a small enchanted pouch was fastened as well. The pouch contained any necessary things they may need such as potions and Dittany, for quick cures, in case needed. 

Fred hurriedly grabbed Ginny and disapparated with her. George grabbed Y/N's hand tightly, pulling her closer before and giving her a nod. Y/N held her breath and signaled that she was ready and George set them off. After short but awful seconds, they arrived at the place. Fred showed the coin to Aberforth, and one by one, their friends started coming. Lee Jordan arrived shortly after, giving Y/N a hug before turning his best friends, the twins. 

"Been a while, Y/N. How are you?"

Y/N gave him a wide smile. Lee was one of Y/N's first friends at Hogwarts, given how close he was with the twins.