Ch. 20: The Dream

A few heartbeats passed as Naina's eyes danced between Ian and the clipboard.

She cried out again. "I told you not to take me so seriously!"

He laughed and put a finger to his lips. A few of the puppies were fidgeting and Momma Burrito seemed to be eyeing the two of them. He whispered, "If you think about it, they're cute names. Tortilla could become Toto or Tilly; Beef-Bone could become Beefy, Bebe, Bobo or Bon-bon. I like those names. You can choose which puppy gets what later on."

"But—"

"No buts. You don't need to worry so much. Like you said, people will think it's cute or adorable."

She huffed and raised an eyebrow. "You sound like you have experience."

"What makes you think this is my first time?"

"I—oh—sorry—um," she babbled; here she was, assuming things again. "After today, how many times have you done this?"

"This is my fifth one." He kept scribbling in his notebook, and she leaned closer to him to peek at it.

He had neat, beautiful handwriting. Minor details like the differing shades of fur colors, ears, tails, even spots on the paws were noted. Each letter was even, and he didn't stray away from keeping the words in a straight line. Observing him was mesmerizing; he'd mumble to himself occasionally and then scribble furiously.

"You want to shower?" she asked.

He raised an eyebrow as he turned towards her again. She noticed the corners of his lips quirking a little.

"Do I smell that bad?" he asked. He nudged her shoulder in a playful way and a burn propagated across her chest, sparking across like lightening smacking unsuspecting areas.

"What? No—No, I didn't mean it like that. Just, that you feel comfortable after taking a shower—you know—that kind of thing..." Her voice died as she realized she couldn't speak anymore without digging herself into a hole deeper and deeper.

"I'm joking. I'm about to head home. You shouldn't have any problems with her," he said, nodding with his head towards Burrito. "Just give me a call if anything unusual happens."

"Will do."

He watched her a few moments before he left, like he wanted to say something to her. His lips would open several times, but no sound would come out. Before she could ask him what was wrong, he bid her a good night and went home.

She watched the puppies long after he left, and stroked Burrito across her forehead. The mommy corgi was half asleep, constantly checking on her pups, who were still lined up across her body. The squirming had stopped, and the fuzzballs would occasionally twitch in their sleep. 

Soon enough, Naina went to bed, after checking that all the doors were locked and that the dog and her pups were fast asleep. Maybe it was the shock of finding out he liked her and that she helped deliver pups, because as soon as her head hit the pillow, darkness bled into Naina's vision and she passed out.

Within her dreams, a judge sat at the throne, booming down with, "What decision are you going to make?"

She had no idea what that meant. 'What decision?' she cried out.

The judge looked like an overly fat toad, with mottled skin and blisters the size of her face. Again, he repeated in a booming croak, 'What's your decision?'

A fiery sensation sparkled within her chest, and it shone brighter as the seconds passed, engulfing her in a bath of light. As she bat at the sudden shine, something pushed her backwards.

The soft, pillow-like mattress beneath her almost swallowed her. Hands started roaming over her, slowly pushing off her shirt, which'd stopped shining. As she tried to hide her muffin top, someone picked up her hand and kissed the center of her palm.

Ian's lips were softer than she'd imagined. Her dream self-backed away from him, but he tugged her legs close to him, until she straddled his hips. His shirt was already off, and the tattoos glistened and twinkled in their colorful beauty. The dragon across the side of his abdomen seemed to beckon her and she reached out to touch it.

He was faster though; in a heartbeat, he had her laying down again, with one of his hands on each of her thighs and his head slowly going towards the center. He started kissing random spots on her hips, taking his sweet time moving downwards. Each spot his lips touched sizzled, leaving little steam rings in his path of pleasure.

It took her a moment for her to realize where he was headed and she tried to cry out for him to not go there.

An odd pressure against her stomach held her down, not allowing her to look at him. Something jabbed her in the kidney and she

Naina shrieked as she woke up. She felt fur as she waved her hands around in a wild manner.

Burrito almost fell to the floor as Naina took stock of her surroundings, while panting like a dog. The pups were wiggling around in their bed, annoyed that Mom wasn't nearby for warmth and food. Burrito shook herself and nuzzled up to her, pressing against the racing pulse point on Naina's neck.

The warmth in that dream had felt all too real. She had to check underneath the bed to make sure Ian wasn't hiding, ready to yell 'Boo!' at her. Naina palpated her thighs, wondering why the searing sensation she'd experienced wouldn't disappear.

How the hell was she supposed to face him after that?

After checking the pups, and going through her morning routine, she moved to the front desk and finished finalizing the details for tomorrow's event. Many people would be coming, including the mayor of the town, several dignitaries from the company sponsoring the event and the clinic, and very wealthy, influential business folk.

The moment she took a breather from going over the program, a loud bang erupted from the back of the clinic. Clutching a hefty textbook for support, Naina moved slowly.

An older man looked trapped between the back door and the frame and was struggling to hold onto some heavy boxes. She eased it open and he fell onto the tile floor.

While giving her a small salute, he said, "Dr. Dalton, at your service ma'am."

With that, he closed his eyes and rubbed the sides of his head.

The door opened again, and Ian rushed in. His beautiful hair was tousled by the prevailing summer winds and a slight blush accented his cheeks. He huffed for a bit before speaking.

"Naina," he called out. "Really sorry for the late introduction and notification, but he's the doctor for the clinic. I completely forgot that he'd be moving in today, given the things that happened yesterday."

For a moment, she thought he meant the sexy foreplay but remembered that it'd been in her lovely night musings. The blush that sprouted on her face slithered to the spots Ian's dream persona had branded on her body. On cue, she could hear the puppies whimpering from her bedroom, calling out to their mom for food and warmth.

It'd finally happened. She'd managed to achieve the weirdest life ever.

But first, she had to deal with the doctor taking a nap on the floor.

~~~

Sorry if this was shorter. I didn't notice until I'd posted it up here and saw the word count. >.<

Hope you lovelies liked it! If you did, please leave a vote and some feedback XD