Ch. 32: Lost Heartbeat

For a moment, time slowed down. Naina saw the spot Ian had missed when he'd shaved, the dark specks in his hazel orbs and his chest rising up and down slowly. Her hip felt snug between his legs.

Her heart was about to melt into the floor. It thumped so hard within her chest, it felt like it'd pop out any second.

As for her brain...well, that'd already sizzled away, melting into the floor the moment he'd grabbed her.

"Sorry." He rolled off of her and sat up, staring at the forgotten game.

Why was he apologizing? He didn't really sound that sorry anyway.

She leaned against his back. "No need to be sorry."

"Really?"

She nodded. "I kind of actually liked it."

"Really?" He laughed; the waves passed through his body and into hers. Then, he kissed her.

Oh, was this passionate. She felt like her entire body had been electrified; he touched her slowly here and there, gripping her waist a little tightly while her hands became entangled in his hair. The spot he'd missed shaving scraped her cheek as he turned his face, to get a better angle. Every movement made left shivers crackling within the deepest recesses of her muscles.

His nibbles on her lower lip left her grinding against him; she groaned softly as his nails grazed the sweet spot under her breasts. Every movement was careful, as if he took care to make sure she felt sexy.

By the time they were done, she panted and there were scratch marks engraved in his chest. His thumb was very close to the edge of her nipple. 

The fireworks that'd gone off in her head had blasted it to pieces, leaving her a little dazed. If anything, she was a puddle on the floor.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." She palpated the reddened flesh and looked up at him in horror.

He narrowed his eyes mischievously and smirked. "It's alright. I kind of actually liked it."

But he started setting up a pillow and blanket on the sofa before it hit her.

Was he going to sleep there again?

"Aren't you sleeping on the bed?" she asked.

He had the gall to look surprised. "Uh, I wasn't sure if you'd be okay with it."

"Did I ever say that I wasn't? We're dating right?"

A chuckle escaped his lips before he said, "I just wanted to make sure. You sure you're alright sleeping next to me? Cause I tend to snuggle a lot."

"It's fine. I'm a little touch deprived, to be honest."

The sleep she got that night was the most peaceful she'd ever had. Maybe it was sleeping next to someone who spooned her, but his warmth seemed to drive the nightmares away. When she woke up, Naina actually felt rested. Her entire body had relaxed, like it had achieved Zen with her stress and anxiety.

But returning to the clinic the following day just sapped the excitement out of her. She'd had so much fun just being around him that being at the clinic with the snoring doctor felt so...boring.

Kenny's wonderful trumpeting rang through the halls as she filed away all the papers she hadn't gotten to during the week. When Naina was done with that, she went through the inventory and noted everything needed to be purchased.

Finally, when she finished her weekly check, she went to see Pharaoh.

The Clydesdale huffed when it noticed her. The insulated barn allowed only a minimal amount of heat to enter. Pharaoh bumped Naina's head with her nose when Naina eased into the stall to check the water and food.