Ladders

Ladders

I stayed up late again. I was planning the perfect schedule for Easterbrook. Although it is okay, I have the next two days off.

Last night. I ransacked his kitchen. I got rid of everything that had high protein and or carbohydrates.

His new calorie Max is 3200. This is a large difference from his 4500 max.

I found a market that opens at 5 am. I went grocery shopping. I got lots of fruit and vegetables. I got more lean meat and fish. Especially salmon. I replaced regular milk with cashew and soy milk. And I got the type of bread I hate the most whole grain. And I got myself whole wheat... I can't torture myself like that.

When I got home Joey caught me.

"You know what? I don't even want to know. But I do think it's about time you've had my number." He walks towards his pantry.

Joey eats dried mango covered in that disgusting sugary syrup every morning... I got rid of it.

"Isabella where is all my food? I know you eat a lot but no way you dared to touch my Mango!" He is now digging through his pantry looking for something.

I hate mangoes.

"Joey please call me Izzy!"

"Princess, my home I do as I please. Now unless you have food we are going to have a problem."

I set the bags on the counter and start to put them away. In the process, I toss Joey an actual mango.

"I'm restricting you to 3200 calories a day."

He looks at me like I killed a puppy. "You eat more than I do."

I shrug. "I burn more than you do."

"Come on it's not that bad. I kept the butter."

"You got trash bread. You tossed my milk!"

"Come on I'll make you breakfast."

"Remember what I said." He points a firm finger at me.

I roll my eyes, "one flame and it's over I got it."

"Jackson the eyes."

"Respect is a process." I counter.

I am feeling oatmeal. While it's cooking on the stove, I being slicing fruit. Apples, oranges, cherries and honeydew. After that, I start making scrambled eggs.

I put sugar in my oatmeal as well as evaporated milk. Joey meets my gaze and pouts.

I give in and give him my bowl and a plate of fruit with some eggs.

"Thanks, princess." He digs in.

I grumble incoherencies at him.

He audibly moans while eating, "Joey can you shut up!"

"You didn't burn anything. I'm so proud of you!" He beams.

"Hurry up we have places to be. We are going to a spartan arena."

I have been in this car for forty-five minutes with Joey. I want to cry. He sings at the top of his lungs with his windows down. I pulled the seat all the way back to save myself from the embarrassment.

When we get there I meet my distant friends, Eric, Erica, Eris, Erin and Eriel. They are quintuplets that own the spartan arena.

Eric and his sisters take us through each obstacle.

Personally, I want to focus on the barbed wire crawl and the ladders. Just anything to force Joey's feet outward.

The quints leave and it's time to train.