It's on

It's on

We have been gifted a bus from one of our sponsors.

I find it crazy to have my face on the side of a coach bus.

We are only driving about half an hour to the track.

And Joey's surprise was that...

Nike Canada made us tracksuits.

Amarion's team is repping Adidas.

That's no surprise.

He has a deal with them.

We arrive and do an entrance. Both teams walk alongside each other out of respect for the competition and sport.

We get started very quickly.

My team has a coordinated warmup.

We are on the fun side. We aren't taking this seriously.

We have a couple of special events after all of the heptathlon events.

Both men and women will be taking part in the woman's heptathlon.

Ashton and Brianne Theisen-Eaton will be hosting this two-day event.

After a bunch of representatives speaking, Amarion and I talk a bit about our chosen charities.

I go first.

"Hey everyone, on behalf of Team Jozzy, our selected charity is WE, also known as Me to WE. They are a group that helps families and communities, locally and globally. They have five pillars of which their work is divided up in. They are education, water, health, food, and opportunity. We have personally selected water. If our team wins at the end of this all, there is an estimated ten thousand dollars and counting that will be donated towards building water pumps in Ecuador. So to my competition, I have one thing to say. It's on!"

And our audience applauds.

Next, Amarion speaks about how he wanted to help close to home because he spent a lot of time at SickKids when he was younger spending time with his older brother before his time was up.

"... And to Team Jozzy, it's on!"

First up, the men are competing in the 100-metre hurdles.

There are eighth lanes. We made a roster for each event. And for this event on my team Kezie, Tom, Olu, and Andre are up against Amarion, Carlos, Paul and Remus.

Afi comes over. She is late! But it's okay. She's done a lot, and I'm happy with the way everything is.

The boys line up, and Team Mari looks mean. I told my team to have fun.

And Kezie comes out on top. Amarion was a close second and Andre third.

We decided to not know our points until the end of everything.

The team with the most accumulated points wins for their charity.

Next up are the girls.

Myself, Nia , Bev and Jen take our places. And, of course, I'm in lane three. The same number I am repping.

We are up against Katarina, Lisa, Mel and Hillary.

I already know Mel has this in the bag. But Nia specializes in hurdles.

And what do you know Melissa won and second place were apart from two seconds. But at least Nia and I got on her tail. We both tripped our last hurdle but didn't make it fall.

We all take some time to cool down before the next event. The crowd loves the show.

The next event was the one I dreaded.