Swimming with the fishes

I fill Elena in on what Joey's diet is looking like. Soon enough she sent me out back to where the boys are playing soccer.

"Princess we need another player come on."

I step in front of this man. "Easterbrook, what did I tell you about running?"

He pouts. This is a grown man.

"No, you are not playing!"

"Cousin trouble in paradise?" One of the guys says.

I can't be bothered, "who are you and why are you intruding this conversation?" I glare at the guy, this is my niceness before I tick.

He shies away from my contact.

That's what I thought.

"Are you hungry, by now you would've started your third meal?" Joey says mocking me.

"Joey I'm being-" he threw me over his shoulder.

He starts walking, "Princess, say I can play or go swimming with the fishes."

"Joey put me down!"

"Izzy say I can play."

I hit his back, "I'm trying to help you! Not make things difficult. Why can't you listen for once!"

He steps on the dock. "Joey stop it." I start freaking out.

I don't like being submerged in water. I start fussing around in his grasp.

I see a lot of eyes on us.

"Princess last time before I'm tossing you in."

"Joey I'm not-" I scream as I get thrown into the air.

I take a breath before hitting the surprisingly icy water.

This is a horrible time to say that I can't swim. I try to get to the surface.

Why in the world is this lake so deep?

I really need air. Water fills my ears. I let out the air I had trapped inside and I slowly lose consciousness.

...

I begin coughing up water like crazy. I am freezing and I open my eyes and see Carlos, Bev, Able, and Jen all around me. They are all soaked.

"What happened," I cough out.

"Miss Jackson, Joey threw you in the lake and after you didn't come up in 30 seconds I dived in followed by the girls, Jen found you down there unconscious," Carlos answers me.

"Thanks, Jen." I croak.

"It's my job." She says back.

Bev hands me a towel. "What happened to everyone? Where's Joey?" I ask.

"We evacuated the area, I did not think you'd want a ton of people you don't know crowding you. And as for Joey... Darnel took him inside and is guarding him." Able says.

Darnel is a tall buff quiet man who looks like a bouncer in the movies. He appears frightening, but I think he's actually friendly.

"I want to see him."

"Izzy we don't think that's a good idea. I suggest that you stay at our hotel tonight." Jen suggests.

"You guys I'm fine, really." I object.

Bev counters, "Isabella you could've drowned and lost your life today. We are lucky that this lake is fairly clear to see in. If you hadn't responded to Carlos' resuscitation he would've been forced to break a couple of ribs just to get you breathing again. You would be in the hospital. Please come back with us, Tom is close by and needs to check up on you."