The mind of Carlos

The mind of Carlos

Carlos and I caught up with the rest of the group in the elevator.

We chose to play games at the hotel.

One by one we would enter the elevator. We would all go to a random floor.

And after ten minutes we will all go to the lobby to see who won.

This hotel has 15 floors and a penthouse suite.

I am the first person to go to the elevator. I go straight to the penthouse.

Jen, Darnel, Corey and Rory also come to the penthouse.

I believe that we will win. Well unless all of the others got to the same floor.

After ten minutes we get to the lobby.

"So who wins?" I ask.

"My group had five too. We went to the first floor." Carlos says.

Able speaks up, "I went to floor 7."

The group laughs, "Well, we went to the penthouse, so I guess it's a tie and Able loses." Corey adds.

Able groans.

We play multiple games before we decided to go to sleep.

Jen, Bev and I stayed up in the living room.

"Izzy, do you want to explain why you are wearing Carlos' jersey?" Jen asks wiggling her brows.

I chuckle, "Carlos was the only one here when I got out the shower, I asked him for a shirt and have you noticed that all he wears is long v necks?"

They agree with my observation.

I continue, "so he gave me this jersey and the belt so it's not so loose."

"You two are very friendly..." Bev sings.

I shake my head and close my eyes, "I don't know him. Yes, he's a chill guy. But n-"

I wish I never opened my eyes.

Carlos' hair is wet and all over the place. He is tan, it just makes his muscles pop. He walks to the kitchen with no shirt and sweats.

The girls snap me into reality. They laugh, "so what were you saying? You seem to be a tad bit distracted."

I ignore them. "Carlos, how often do you workout?"

He walks towards us and stands behind the couch Jen is laying on. "Whenever I get the chance. I wanted to be in the military, I soon found out that I wasn't cut out for it."

"I think we should go right, Bev?" Jen says. They are not about to leave me here alone with him. And they leave. I eye them as they walk up the stairs and they wink at me.

I internally groan and flip them off.

"So on a scale of 1-10 how uncomfortable did they make this encounter." Carlos jumps onto the couch.

"I don't think it can be put on a scale," I note.

"They were only talking about me because I don't behave this freely. I take my job very seriously. But you are very different from anyone we have been assigned to."

"How?" I'm intrigued.

He lays back getting comfortable, "well for one you talk to all of us as friends. The first thing you did with all of us was learn our names. You continuously tell us that we may do as we like. We have never received that much freedom before." He explains.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Carlos, all of you are human. Isabella Jackson is a classification. It's not me. You shouldn't thank me for having human decency."

"You should get some sleep." He says.

"You should too." I counter, yet he doesn't move an inch.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable with letting you sleep down here when everyone else is upstairs. If an intruder were to enter this place, you are the first person they will get to. I believe it is sad that no one has pointed it out. Your safety is our number one priority... Miss Jackson, you may sleep in my room if you want, I'll crash here either way."

"I'm not going anywhere, Goodnight Carlos, remember it's Izzy."

He yawns, "goodnight Izzy."

Awe short chapter but it's winter break, Will my update schedule change?

Maybe...

Like I'm tryna go slow with this book cuz I know it's not that long...

There's like 22 more chapters 😂

Like I really have a thing with daily updates and as I think about it is I do that This book would be finished around the 9th or 10th of January.... 

As I think about it right now I'm not opposed to the idea 😂

We'll see