Substances... stay away

"Party girl went pretty hard tonight." She says.

"I just let myself have a bit of fun. That's all."

"I didn't know you can dance." She says bringing out makeup wipes.

I take one from her, "I was a dancer before I began running. It's just a hobby now."

"You and Carlos were very close tonight." She smirks.

I shake my head, "we weren't that close."

Lola begins to cackle, "not that close? You were grinding on each other for the last 20 minutes before you went to sit down."

If I had a lighter complexion my face would be beet red. "The whisper song is my guilty pleasure, I have no control over what I do when the song is involved."

Lo and I laugh. We see Joey walk past the door and I frown.

"Yikes, what happened there?"

I sigh, "I tried talking to Joey and Val guarded him with her life, then I saw him alone after my salsa with Carlos. I walked up to him and he was in a bad mood. I've noticed that lately. I grabbed his hand because I wanted to dance with him and he yanked it out of my grasp and told me I should go dance with Carlos." I mimic the way he said his name.

"Sounds like he's jealous."

"Why would he be?"

"Chica he likes you more than a friend duh." She exaggerates.

Impossible. We have our rules.

I change out of Lola's dress. And put on a robe. I try to open Joey's door and it's locked.

"Joey open the door." I knock.

I stand there for five minutes and he doesn't open it.

I trail back to Lola's room. "He won't open the door." I huff.

"Well, you were very friendly with Carlos. I don't blame him for being angry."

"I'm not going to believe what you say. We are all just friends."

She rolls her eyes at me, "just stay, sleep in my room until he cools off, and here." She tosses me an oversized shirt to sleep in.

...

I wake up and run to Lola's bathroom, I kneel over the open toilet seat and let it out. I feel so tired.

In an instant. I see Corey hop through the open window.

He pulls back the long hair. Lo told me the glue will wear off in two to five days.

"Thanks, Corey." I groan.

"No problem Izzy. This may be my job but you are like a part of our family now. We take care of each other. Plus you look like you are having it worse than Carlos. Tom wouldn't let him leave the penthouse suite this morning." He says.

"Carlos is sick too?" I lean against the wall.

"Yep, but he is looking better than you are. What did you guys do last night?"

I shake my head slowly, "what about Bev or Jen?"

"Tom caught them but they are one hundred percent fine," Corey answers me.

"Izzy?"

I look up, "Lola he's part of my team he's not an intruder!" I rush out raising my voice.

She's holding a frying pan. Tangled style.