Easterbrook Mafia

Easterbrook mafia

I moved the couch this morning so there is space to stretch.

Being an athlete isn't all about the physical. It's also the mentality and spirituality.

Yet I can't get into the right state of mind... because Joey is arguing on the phone in a language I don't know and it's ruining my balance.

It really disturbs my vandaming.

I used to be a dancer before track chose me.

I can't do this. I walk up to his bedroom door and it flies open.

"What the heck did I say about breathing near my door?" How did he...

Forget it.

"Joey I am trying to stretch and you are screaming none sense!" I huff out.

"Princess, be happy I'm screaming in Spanish not none sense. I'm trying to get out of a month of family reunion in Argentina, so I can stay here and train."

Family is important, maybe not very much to me. But family is important, "If you want to go you can go." I tell him.

"What's the catch?" He asks, making it seem as if I'm being suspicious.

I shrug, "no catch, just stick to your diet. Get in cardio and no running."

"You want me to go to my family reunion. Where my family, who are food-obsessed, will make delicious dishes and expect me not to eat it?"

"You can eat it just stick to your diet." I chuckle.

He glares at me, "one of those dishes is probably 1700 calories."

"Oh... well then I hope you drink a ton of water for your two and a half meals per day."

I walk back to the couch and stretch. Joey follows.

"If I go there is no way I'll be able to not eat their food!"

"Joey if it's a problem don't go." I don't see a problem.

"But I really want to go. I haven't seen my Abuelito in so long."

"Okay, then I'll come and monitor your activity if you have issues." He is making things so complicated. For absolutely no reason.

"You want to come?" Can he hear well? I'm pretty sure I said I'm fine with going.

"Why not? I've always wanted to go to Argentina. Plus if I come I'll cover all your travel expenses." I really want to go to Argentina.

"So you have money to travel but not own your own place?"

I can't stretch and talk at the same time. I drag a hand over my face and narrow my eyes at the brown skin Latino. "I do not want to live in a gated community where people can easily find me. Living here is very unexpected. I let my manager mange my finances and FYI I do have enough to live alone."

"Yeah I'm never going to understand that...if you're coming we leave next week. I hope you're ready to meet the Easterbrook mafia." He laughs walking away.

"Joey that's not funny!"

"They will run you out of the city! My family is crazy!"

"I live with you!"

"Princess how do you truthfully think of me!" Is the last thing he says before slamming his door.

Joey is a stubborn a**whole.

What did I just get myself into?

This is a short chapter but... I am updating this three times a week soooooooo y'all just have to wait till Thursday 😁