Meet the Easterbrooks prt 2

Meet the Easterbrooks prt2

I wake up to Carlos screaming.

The twins poured water on his face.

"Oh, I am getting you back! Corey Rory, you both are dead!" Carlos jumps up, runs a hand through his soaking hair, and chases them.

I get off of the couch, "Izzy how was last night?" Jen smirks.

"Oh put a sock in it. Does someone have and extra toothbrush?" I ask. Everyone is awake, now on the main floor.

"Olu? You have extra stuff for Izzy?" Tom asks him.

"Bet, I'm always prepared. Follow me upstairs." Olumide says.

We race up and he gives me a toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and a floss pick. He is very prepared.

"Thank you Olumide, I appreciate it," I tell him.

"Anytime and Isabella, it's Olu." He winks and walks away. I laugh to myself. I am constantly telling people to call me Izzy.

After I freshen up I walk back downstairs. I took out the cornrows because it was looking like a mess. Tom gives be another check-up. I'm good to go.

A lot of my opinions changed because of my conversation with Carlos last night. Security isn't just a bunch of people in black guarding me like the police. They let me breathe and they are all friends. People think I'm an uptight person because of my name. We all have opinions, and sometimes opinions are wrong.

After breakfast, the gang and I walk to the Easterbrooks. I've known them for a day, and I really like their energy. I take a picture of us on Bev's phone. I told the gang that they don't have to stick to the strict rules that I set out in the beginning.

Even though they were fabulous at not being seen or heard, I think I want to see them more.

"All right. The front door is just up this hill. I want all of you to disperse except for Chikezie, Aditya and Oliver."

I haven't spent any time with the remaining three boys.

Everyone dispersed but the three.

"Izzy, why did you hold us back?" Oliver asks.

"I did so because I haven't talked to any of you three directly since the plane. Now let's go I hope you aren't as troublesome as the twins."

We all laugh, Corey and Rory are the youngest out of the group. They are jokesters but they are very advanced in their jobs.

"Okay so I know that Aditya is an Indian name, where are you from Chikezie?"

"I was born in Alberta. My family is Nigerian. Plus everyone just calls me Kezie." He explains.

"What made you guys want to do this job?" I'm curious. I don't believe that kids say when I grow up I want to be a secret security guard.

Aditya starts, "I used to be a mall cop. I was stopping a man from being mugged and what do you know that man was Drake. He hired me as a bodyguard and the rest was history."

I nod as we continue walking, "Oli?" I call on.

"I was a guard at Afi's company. While she was walking to a meeting her guard tripped and she spilt her coffee. Afi fired him on the spot and pointed at me, I feared that she was going to fire me. Yet she made me one of her men."

I remember that day. Afi was having a really bad day all together...

"Kezie? What about you?"

He chuckles, "this is my second mission. I honestly don't know how I ended up doing this but I'm glad I've stuck to it." He says right as we approach the Easterbrooks front door.