8. Attempting For Chances

Taehyung's POV

Before the house party.

"Yo V, are you gonna get a raincheck on today's party again?" Peter mocked me as I helped him to stack the red cups and some chips on the bowl in our apartment.

"You know my answer dude." I laughed as I finished stacking the cups.

"Come on man, literally all the chics attend the party coz they wanna see you here. You can't keep running off each time I throw a party."

Peter threw his arms in the air, chuckled and shakes his head, knowing my pattern of behaviour so well after staying almost 4 years with me since we joined as Freshmen in NYU.

"Nah, not interested."

"Dude, you're missing out all the good damn girls around here. This intakes' freshmen girls are smoking."

Archie came into the kitchen, joining us with a joint in his hand, starting his own party as early as 7 PM.

"Yo Archie, the party is not starting till 8 PM, slow down on your puffs." I playfully whacked Archie's ginger head as I excused myself back to my room.

After about 30 minutes, I got dressed and ensured to lock my room before pocketing the keys in my ripped jeans. I need no actions done in my room, on my bed by horny teens.

"Adios!"

I was about to walk out of the house when Peter stopped me again. "You're seriously ditching me again V?"

"Yes I am, and make sure the house is clean when I return. Bye, have fun! BYE ARCHIE!"

I yelled across the living room when I saw Archie was waving the joint in his hand, exhaling bunch of smokes with his head titled backwards.

Unsure of where can I head to, I decided to just walk a mile away to a local deli to get myself some dinner. It's a pretty chilly night. One thing I love about Fall in NY, is the coldness that comes with it when the evening sets in.

After my meal, I again didn't know where exactly can I head to. I scrolled through my phone list and a single name on my message list caught my attention.

Maya Lim.

Last seen and the message sent was two weeks ago. I never heard back from Maya since the last time I have dropped a message for a meal with her. Is she doing alright? I have never bumped into her on campus as well.

Without my mind's own knowledge, my feet decided to head towards the direction of Maya's house. It was just a short 10 minutes walk from my own apartment block. Trying to avoid any possible crowd or recognition from the party, I sneaked through a back way.

As I was approaching Maya's apartment, I saw a girl with a high messy bun and glasses, dressed in a white lace dress and boots walked out of the building.

It struck me that the girl is none other than Maya and she is headed towards the party at my home. I didn't actually think that Maya would be interested to attend such home parties like Peter was organizing.

But then again, Sarah was invited and she is definitely going to be there, perhaps she would have invited Maya as well.

I sighed deeply and run my fingers through my hair in frustration coz I could have chosen to stay tonight for the party. Just this one night, enabling me to finally speak to Maya again.

From the very first moment I saw her in the crowd of the newbies at the registration hall, she caught my attention through and thorough. Such a pretty face and features, delicate but exotic. More so, what intrigued me the most is, she doesn't even seem to realize how beautiful she is.

I chuckled on my own and still chose to hang around here since the purpose of my visit became redundant seeing Maya left to enjoy a party where my housemate was hosting.

Fast forward, I was just walking around enjoying the beautiful night sky when I heard heavy boots stomping on the pavement.

I turned around to have my eyes bulging in surprise, heart cheering immensely in joy when I noticed Maya was standing not too far away from the apartment entrance, gazing the stars above.

Beautiful. She has no idea how beautiful she is compared to the stars shining above.

Taking a few light steps, I moved closer and said "Beautiful, isn't it?", startling her to her awareness. Classic Maya, always getting too lost within her own world, unaware of her surroundings.

When she looked directly at me, my heartfelt uneasy with the look on her face. She looked like she was holding back so many heartfelt emotions pent up inside her tiny chest, waiting to burst out.

I might be wrong, but I know I needed to stay with her and speak to her. I don't know why, but I want to. The rest was history as I spent the whole night, getting to know this beautiful girl and had the privilege of her opening up her true self to me.

As Maya was sharing more about her home with me, I realize how her eyelids were turning heavier by the minute passing by. Within a considerable amount of time, Maya dozed off with her head laid heavily my shoulder, without her realization.

"Sleep well, Maya."

My fingers gently caressed her cheeks as I took off her glasses, placed them neatly on the coffee table before relaxing into the couch, slipping into my own dreamland.

.

Back to the morning after the party

I don't know why I kissed her. But I just did, didn't I?

I was expecting a slap across my face or for Maya to yell her lungs out, but nothing of those sorts happened.

After planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, I saw her cheeks turning rosy, mouth opening agape in shock. I swear I could have planted the next kiss right on her lips, but it took all sort of self-control in every inch of my body to restrain myself.

I walked away as quickly as I could before she recovers from her shock. Never forget to appreciate the fact that she still kept my hydrangeas alive, beautifully placed at her vanity, where she gets to see them every day.

Sarah was kind enough to not shoot me down with interrogating questions as I swiftly moved past her before exiting the door, ready to head to my own home with last night's sweet memories and this morning's gentle kiss lingers in my mind.

Maya, what are you doing to me?

.
____________________________________
🍀
Tae's heart go boom boom boom.
I'll occasionally also write from Tae's POV.
Just to fill in the view from his side.
The story will take a huge leap soon.
Be ready!