28. Weak For You

Maya gave in when her eyes closed shut as she sat on her bed, tired from all the mental weary of flushed memories from the past and tears overflowing from her eyes.

"Maya?"

Her heavy eyelid slowly stirred open again when Maya heard a faint knock on the door, calling out for her name. She concentrated once again for the person to call out, trying to ensure its not Taehyung.

"Maya, sweetie its Parker."

Oh, thank God.

Maya sprung on her feet, not bothered by her messy state as she flung the door opened, revealing her trusted purple head friend as she lunged further.

"Dear Lord, what happened?" Parker held onto the smaller girl as he tightened his grip around her waist, supporting himself from the impact of her crash landing.

Maya let out a breath of relief after a few seconds of calmness in Parker's arm. For all the years they have been together, Parker was her safe blanket when it comes to at times of her anxiety attacks and panic episodes.

"Want to talk?" Parker asked, words ringing in Maya ear as she took her breathing in and out, feeling much relaxed.

She simply nodded as the taller male held her sideways, with Maya's head still buried in his chest when he walked inside, closing the door shut behind him.

"Sit here. You need water or something?" Parker asked as he sat on the edge of the bed with Maya still clung to her side like a koala, not even once lifting her head.

"No."

"So sweetheart, tell me what's wrong. I'm all ears if you wanna talk." Parker started to gently play with Maya's soft brown curls, clearing her side profile as he stroke them gently.

"I saw him."

Parker didn't know who was Maya referring to so he kept quiet, hoping the girl will continue, in which she didn't.

"Maya. Who did you saw?" Parker adjusted their sitting. Now, properly facing his best friend as Maya shakes her head, tying her hair in a messy ponytail, feeling much better after being comforted by Parker's hug.

"Taehyung."

The purple head narrowed his eyes, he didn't understand why Maya was in such a state if all she met was Taehyung, and that too for a brief minute in the office.

"So...I mean don't tell me you got attacked by his beauty as much as I was coz damn girl I get why would you hyperventilate looking at such Godly figure-..."

"Taehyung is V."

Parker's admiration speech on Taehyung was interrupted and cut short when he heard Maya.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Parker. Taehyung is V."

"Sweet Jesus Lord. I totally get why he was a ladies man, I mean everybody's man. I would bag that-..."

"Parker!" Maya hit his right arm, making the poor boy whine in pain.

"Ouch. Urgh. Yea, sorry, my inner hoe took over." Parker rubbed his right arm in pain as he dropped his joking demeanour and focused fully on Maya.

"Maya."

She was looking elsewhere, didn't want to face Parker. How could she? After all the stories she has shared with Parker, about what exactly happened between V and herself back in University was not something Maya wish to relive.

"Are you scared Maya?" Parker asked, more seriously this time.

"I'm not sure?"

"You're not answering me."