78. Fated

"Can I come in?"

Taehyung stood there greeted by the woman he flew halfway across the world for. To Tae's surprise, Maya looked a little different than the last time he laid his eyes on her. She looks radiant.

"Taehyung, you came...here...I...um..." Maya started to talk gibberish, not expecting the man at all.

"We can talk, I'll explain but can I come in? It's a bit weird standing at the hallway." Taehyung grinned.

Maya opened the door wide, still in shock but complied to letting the man in.

"You got a nice penthouse here, overlooking the Marina." Taehyung placed his luggage by the door and walked over to the balcony, enjoying the view. It's his first time in Singapore, already falling in love with the diversity that the city has to offer.

"Taehyung, you-..."

"Wanna have a seat first?" Taehyung turned around, he knew he was bound to get this confrontation done anyways.

Maya nodded, moving to the couch while Tae did the same, joining her by the side.

"So...you left." Tae started.

"I did."

"Without letting us know where you're headed to."

"Indeed."

"Not even to Parker."

"Not even to Parker." Maya responded like a talking machine.

"Why?"

Maya turned to her side, slightly intimidated by the burning gaze on her. How she missed the hazel orbs staring down at her like she is the only thing he sees. Only this time, those eyes were demanding answers from Maya.

"I needed some time for myself." She answered, as honest as she could.

"Maya, I was devastated. I thought you chose Hoseok." Taehyung confessed his stupid assumptions.

"You what?" Maya was bewildered.

Taehyung went ahead to explain how he turned mad when he accidentally bumped to Maya and Hoseok at Brother's Cafe, assuming they got together and Tae was out of the picture. He also explained and broke the news on how did he manage to locate her, thanks to something she told Hoseok.

"I knew instantly that you'll choose to come here. Eventually, this is where you would want to relax coz it's closer to your parents." said Taehyung.

"You really thought I'd choose Hoseok? You assumed that when you saw me with him?"

Taehyung furrowed his brows, he sighed in frustration bitting onto his lower lips when he noticed how disappointed Maya looked.

"Maya, listen to me. I know I am quick to assume and I'm sorry for that."

"Taehyung, do you realize how often you assume things and it leads to nothing but just destructions?" Maya was furious.

"I know, it's my fault. I didn't think twice, I was angry."

"Bloody hell Tae, well guess what? It's my turn now, I'm pissed!"

"I really thought you would choose him Maya, he was right for you in every aspect. I knew how kind and loving he is, probably could make you happier than I ever did."

"You have no rights to make a decision for me Taehyung. What makes you think that I will agree to whatever you have to say?" Maya challenged back, she is sick and tired of people thinking what is best for her and aspect her to do so.

"I chose to be away from both of you coz I wanted to think and make a decision for myself. I'm fully capable of doing so Taehyung."

Taehyung inhaled, he knew that Maya was acting a little over-emotional for a simple fact but he also knows to not stop the girl from venting out. After all, he came all the way in search of her to fix things.

"We all are missing you back home Maya."

"For your information Tae, I didn't run away. I did say I will return." Maya snapped.

"You did but it's been two whole months, you didn't even bother to inform anyone back home. Not even Parker."

"What am I? Imprisoned and obligated to report myself back?" She furrowed her brows.

"Maya, you're just lashing out for no reason. I just wanted to explain, talk and get things to be better from here."

"Oh, so they all decided to send you over here to me to talk things out? Why? Coz I fucking have a weak spot for you and the fact I said I have feelings for you?" Maya crossed her arms, somewhat getting her head around the matter.

"Well..."

"How did you find me Tae?"

"From the things you told Hoseok-..."

"Don't give me all that bullshit, I meant how did you find my address here in Singapore? This is not my family home. I rented this place."

Taehyung gulped. Would it be creepy to admit that he used his friends in the police force back in LA to track and locate Maya? He even went to the length to use his influence and connection to get Maya's exact location in Singapore through a spy.

"You freaking spied on me?" Maya's face turned into a horror mixed astonishment when she heard him come clean. She let out a dry chuckle, low-key amused on the length which Tae went to find her.

"I needed to, I wanted to see you. I know you wanted me too." Taehyung said in a low whisper, just enough for Maya to catch the words, sending warmth to her heart.

At that moment as Tae was looking around nervously, Maya stole her glances more closer on the face she longed for the past two months. Nothing much changed on the man before her. His last seen raven head which caused so much confusion to Maya that one night is now dyed to his signature dirty blond.

Maya also didn't miss out the bandana tied around his head, exposing Tae's forehead like a sin. Her heart tugged at the sight of the man who looked just like how she first saw him 8 years ago. She can't believe that he would fly all the way across the world, just for her.

Maya stood up, walked towards her balcony and tried to take a breather with the fresh air blowing in, accompanied by the now heavy clouds, pouring rain.

"You can't keep assuming things Taehyung. I can't do it like this anymore." Suddenly, Maya was in tears, she fell on her knees, crying her heart out.

Taehyung who initially just wanted to keep a few feet away from Maya to give her space is now seated by the trembling girl's side, hugging her into his chest. He can't understand the mood swings, the push and pull Maya is putting him through.

"Maya, shhh, it's ok. I'm here." He wanted to comfort her.

"I hate you. I h-hate you. I hate you." Maya repeatedly slapped her hands on Tae's chest, trying to push him away.

"Doll, I'm sorry for being an ass, but I love you." Taehyung held her closely, not letting Maya to slip off his embrace, ever again.

After a bone-chilling silence, the trembling girl spoke, crashing their walls down.

"Taehyung, I'm pregnant."

A loud thunder strikes through the cloud, as Taehyung froze on his position with Maya trembling like a leaf in his embrace. He held onto his breathe for a few seconds before releasing it again, blinking a few drops of tears down his face.

"Y-you're p-pregnant?"

.
__________________________________
🍀
Whoops. Tae is a strong man, so are his little swimmers, but the pull out? Maybe not.
Or maybe he did it on purpose?
Sneaky.