73. Coffee Chat

Maya walked her way through some beautiful interiors and intellectual designing which she doesn't have the time to stand and gawk at that moment.

She was looking for Hoseok and she needed to find the man.

"Hey Seria, do you know where Hoseok is?" Maya saw one of the Gardler staff walking with a plate filled with canapés.

"Hey Ms Lim, yes, he was just over on the third floor, touring with the hosts."

"Thanks. Enjoy your lunch then." Maya thanked her and took a piece of canapé for herself before walking towards level 3, trying to spot Hoseok.

It didn't take much longer for her to spot the dark mahogany hair moving around the crowd gracefully, with a glass of champagne in his hand. A fair amount of joy chirped into Maya's heart as she smiled warmly looking at the man before her.

Her smile widened when he spotted her across the room.

"Be right back." Hoseok excused himself and gulped the glass empty before moving towards his lady.

"Hey Hobi."

"Hey, gorgeous. You came after all."

"I know. I'm so sorry." Maya smiled timidly, trying to keep a decent conversation going.

"That's alright. You wanna have something to eat?" Hoseok offered.

"Sure, lead the way."

Maya followed her boss's tail while greeting some noticeable faces in the crowd, acknowledging them.

Time definitely went by faster than expected for it was closing to the end when Maya notice the crowd was dispersing slowly while the hosts sent off one by one, until it was only left with some close friends and team in Gardler.

"Congrats again Suga and you JK for the place, it looks amazing. I hope your business grows and gets more successful." Maya raised a toast after a hearty lunch with the rest.

"Thanks to Hoseok, one hell of a man. Gardler was worth every penny." said JK.

"No worries buddy, we did what we could." Hoseok replied, cheering the rest for their efforts as well.

"By the way guys, thanks for the day. Maya and I will be leaving, we just need to get some personal things done. Enjoy the rest of your day, will catch up soon." He bid them farewell, asked Parker to ensure everything else packs up well after him.

Jimin trailed his eyes to the duo who exited the venue. He knew the precise reason on why Tae opted out from the event, he can't bear to see his lady in another man's arm. Not today.

.

"Brother's Cafe?" Hoseok asked with one hand on the wheel, adjusting his sunglasses up from the bridge of his nose.

"Yep, they have the best coffee ever!" Maya exclaimed, for once excited about the day.

"Anything for you." Hoseok rubbed his thumb over Maya's hand as he was holding onto it dearly since the time they got inside the car.

Within the next 10 minutes, Maya's mood was enlightened again when she saw the big wooden sign board for Brother's Cafe welcomed them.

Two hot lattes were enough to break the silence and kickstart the gear in Maya for the dreadful conversation she was stalling.

"So Hobi-..."
"Maya, I was-..."

Both of them stopped talking when they saw the other wanted to say something. It just brought giggles to the table, enlightening the mood further. Just like the calm before the storm.