14. City of Angels

"Good morning Patrick."
"Hello Sam, thanks for the coffee!"
"Hey, what's up Chloe? Had a good weekend?"

Sound of heels clicking along the grey vinyl wood was accompanied by an early morning cheer around the office, with everyone greeting each other on an early August morning.

The entire office building was dedicated to one of the top firms in the country, wording glistening like a polished diamond right when you exit the private elevator door.

GARDLER

To secure a simple admin job in this architecture firm can be a complete storm. Due to the high demand and utmost precision with the quality among employees, Gardler is an architecture firm which is like a dream for any who have chosen the path for buildings design and studies.

Similarly, after finally managed to complete her final year project in NYU, Maya Lim ended a pot of luck when she received a recommendation by her lecturer to join Gardler as their intern.

Fast forward, in today's subject, Maya is one of the newly promoted architects after being assisting the main man himself, Hoseok, a Korean American who have successfully build his name and reputation all around the country as one of the top architects.

"Good morning Maya, what's up?" The soft brown head greeted his newly promoted architect in the firm, as he sips on his morning coffee, overlooking one of the LA building he personally spearheaded for designing, decorating the city's skyscraper.

"Morning Hoseok, enjoying your coffee with a view I see." Maya closed the glass door to Hoseok's office as she joined him with a paper cup in her hand, holding her own coffee.

"Take a seat, I have a piece of news for you."

Maya scrunched her nose, easily taking the spot at the couch beside Hoseok's table, where they usually spend the time discussing projects and ideas.

"What's up? Need a hand?"

"Nope, not this time Maya." Hoseok sat across Maya, with a brown envelope on his hand, as he placed his coffee mug on a coaster, opening the envelope, taking out its content.

"What is that?" asked Maya, filled with curiosity.

"Take a look." Hoseok extended his arm over the low coffee table, giving Maya the stack of paper.

"Vante Corporation?" Maya was confused but curious.

Hoseok took his coffee mug back on his hand, as he nodded while taking a sip, crossing his legs on top of each other, careful to not crease his expensive-looking suit.

"Um, are they like some sort of new company here in the states? Out of LA? I mean, I have not heard of them before here in the US. And why you hand me their company profile?"

"They engaged us for a project Maya."

"Oh, that's cool, a new business I see. But Hoseok, you don't usually take up projects for small or unknown companies in Gardler, simply coz we don't have the time to service them here."

"Well, if you say it like that, it makes me sound and looks snobbish, don't do that please."

Maya leaned back, laughing her head off, enjoying the weird look Hoseok was giving, not amused by the thought of people thinking he is someone who only serves the reputable and rich.

"It is true! I mean Gardler doesn't service small companies, but Hope World does. Your cute little subsidiary architect firm for those who can't afford high fees."

Hoseok giggled at this. He is a man of his worth, that's for sure. When Hoseok's family came up with Gardler as this reputable, high-end service for the MNC in and across countries, he saw how the smaller or start-up companies and organizations earned for better services.

Hence, he came out with a sister company on his own, named it Hope World and safe to say, it's been equally profitable as Gardler due to the immense amount of clients they serve for.

"You got that right Maya. VC as in Vante Corp is not a US company, they are a tycoon in Korea and more precisely in Europe continent."

Maya nodded her head, carefully listening to Hoseok as she emptied her cup of coffee.

"Dad actually met the owner of VC, a young man named Kim when they attended a conference in Italy. It was an event for entrepreneurs of all kind. There, when Gardler's design and projects were exhibited, Mr Kim was very impressed and personally requested dad to take their expansion project in South Korea."

"Ok...so..."

"So, we are gonna work for the Kims. For VC, to design a building for them in South Korea. Simple."

"Hoseok, are you out of your mind?"

"Uhm, language. I'm still your boss."

"Screw you. You're really insane for agreeing such a huge project and that too for a place that's like halfway across the world from us." Maya threw the empty envelope cover towards Hoseok, making the male laugh even further.

"Maya, you know you're capable of handling any projects. Just take this as a way to expand your portfolio, it'll be good."

"Yea BOSS, easy for you to say. How the hell am I suppose to understand South Korea's geographical and law of measurements and safety? FYI, I speak zero sense in Korean too."

"Well, you have my permission to ensemble anyone to work on this team project for you. You're gonna lead it after all."

"Hoseok, are you sure you're not setting me up to fail coz I swear I just got promoted like 5 months ago."

"No sweet peas, you're gonna be fucking awesome, trust me."

"Dear God, why do I love you so much that I can't deny your ridiculous ideas on projects?" Maya face palmed herself with the thick stake of documents on her hand.

"Maybe if you did agree to date me, you wouldn't need to suffer so much." Hoseok said while dramatically slurped on his coffee, making Maya groan even louder.

"Hoseok, shut up, you know I didn't mean it that way."

"Yea yea yea sweet peas, it's enough you rejected me once, don't have to rub it in my face."

"HOSEOK!"

"Ok fine, I was just pulling your leg. Get it over and work on the proposal for this project alright, it will be our first project in Korea, I have all my faith in you."

"Please don't put the pressure on me."

"Aha, too bad, too late, you're on it. Now get lost, I need another cup of coffee."

Maya rolled her eyes, briefly gave Hoseok a hug before exiting to her own glass office, just a few steps away from Hoseok's.

Without wasting another minute, the first thing that Maya did was to call her assistant to the rescue, if anyone can help to keep Maya sane and functioning in this project then it has to be this person.

Parker

"SOS, now, in my cabin." Maya shut the phone down, leaned back on her chair, waited for the blond head to show up.

"At your service Madam! How can I be of assistance?"

"Fly with me. To Korea. This weekend."

"Bitch what?" Parker widened his eyes, almost dropping his iPad right on the floor upon the sudden proposal from Maya.

.
_____________________________________
🍀
A huge time skip.
You'll know the flow of the story
as you read along.
It has to be done this way. Haha I'm sorry.