22. A Better Present

Present Day

"And that's how I had to delay one semester, completely devoted my time to settle things in Singapore before I made the choice to move to LA with the remaining from my education funds."

Parker stood up from his seat, moved behind Maya and gently hugged her, comforting her best friend who held close to his arms.

"And that's how I was lucky enough to meet Maya in Gardler and become her soul mate for life!" Parker kissed the top of Maya's head.

"You two are indeed the sweetest of friends." Jimin agreed, watching them with heart eyes.

"I am lucky to have good people around me." Maya finished off her sad story, didn't want to elaborate it further. For now.

"Except for that one dick ass you met." Parker rolled his eyes and returned to his seat.

"Bad ex?" Namjoon asked.

"Urgh, not even an ex, an asshole." Parker answered on behalf.

"Parker." Maya raised her brows, not wanting to create a scene on a topic about V.

"Ok ok, urgh, just forget about this topic ok? That asshole is not worth it. I hope he gets someone who is ugly looking and disappears. He was so unfortunate to not have Maya in his life." Parker said, waving his arms in the air.

"Alright! Let's cheer for our new friendship then? I hope Project VC will go smoothly, and I really hope we can continue the friendship between us beyond this." Namjoon raised a toast.

"Cheers." All of them cheered together, ending the night on a lighter note.

.

Few days passed by extremely quick, with tight schedules here and there while all the others hanging out more than they did initially, bonding very closely.

It came to a point where both Maya and Parker were ready to leave the country, back to LA for their work before they schedule for another return in a couple of weeks.

"Sigh, I can't believe Seoul was so much fun!" Parker said as he was packing his bags, ready for the flight tomorrow.

Not surprisingly, Jimin stopped by earlier with some snacks and light meals for all of them to enjoy while he accompanied Maya and Parker.

"Don't you have an office to run Jimin?" Maya teased, knowing perfectly well that Parker and Jimin have acquainted very well across the weeks.

"You know why I'm here." Jimin teased back, walking into her room, leaving Parker alone in his space.

"You really like Parker huh?"

"You can say so." Jimin blushed.

"Park Jimin, you're blushing. aww." Maya threw a pillow at the silver head, while Jimin caught the pillow and buried his face into it.

"Should I tell him?"

"I don't know, you think you want to commit?" Maya asked as she sat on her bed, a little away from Jimin who lay on his stomach, chin rested on his palm as he steadied his elbow on the soft mattress.

"I really like him, but I don't know if he feels the same. Isn't it too soon?" Jimin asked.

"What too soon?" Parker's head suddenly popped into Maya's room, startling both of them.

"Um nothing, he was saying isn't it too soon to go back LA since we have a lot of things to be done here." Maya tried to cover up after noticing the panicked look on Jimin's face.