74. Chaotic Peace

Maya's head hit a pause, she was thinking and debating on Hoseok's suggestion.

"You need a time out."

The now bright mahogany head suggested to Maya when he saw how clearly disturbed the Chindian girl was, wedged in between the decision to choose.

Maya never properly took a break for herself since the day she lost her mom, lover and her unborn child. She hustled every single day like it would be her last. Fast forward, 8 years have passed without her hitting a pause to refresh.

"But the projects-..."

"Maya, Gardler is not a boutique firm, we are a world-renowned architect firm. We have plenty of backups. Plus, Parker will be there all the way to assist your shortfalls and absence."

Hoseok added for he knew the girl will never put anything to a serious thought unless it's about her work.

"You need to chill out for a bit and just think things through Maya. There is nothing that I can't handle for you in the office. I got your back." He smiled warmly at her, sending her all the assurance she was looking for.

Maya thought again for a second. A good getaway doesn't sound too bad. Especially right now when she needs some fresh air into her brain.

"Ok." She is taking the advice from her boss and agreeing to just escape the situations in front of her for a while, for her to think.

"Where do you wanna head to?" Hoseok asked, trying to still keep an eye for the girl.

"Hobi, I appreciate your kind thought in suggesting me to go away for a bit. I just don't want people to know where I will be, that includes you Hobi. I'm still very conflicted between things, I need to be away from you and Taehyung if I were to think things through."

Hoseok nodded. He knew he is on the losing ends anyway, but his hopeful heart was still clinging onto the slightest ray of light in which Maya was willing to consider.

"Maybe, I still have a chance." Hobi smiled, his heart clearly sensing the anticipation of hope and the despair at the same time.

"Can I um go away for a couple of weeks at least?" Maya asked, still wanting to ensure her boss is alright with this.

"You don't need to restrict yourself with time."

Maya returned his kind gesture with a smile, there is nothing else that Maya is grateful for than the kindness that Hoseok has been rendering her since the day they have met.

"I guess that's all you want to speak to me about?" He asked as he finished the last sip of his coffee, waiting for Maya to add on.

"Thanks, Hobi, I might not say this enough but having you in my life has been the greatest blessing. I don't know if I will ever be deserving of you but do know...I like you so much and I'm forever grateful. I'm sorry as well."

Tears welled up in the corner of her eyes and Maya sniffled, trying hard to not sound and look broken. Her heart was trembling and she was easily getting emotionally for a past week which doesn't make much sense to her at all.

Maybe, being too much in love and to be loved has this kind of effect on her. Something she was been deprived for a very long time.

Hoseok's heart broke when he saw his girl trembling with tears. He quickly moved to the empty seat beside Maya and took her into the warmth of his chest. Hoseok didn't bother the public space they were in, as long as he feels the need to protect Maya, he will.

"Maya, don't be apologetic to me hun." Hoseok ran his hand down her spine, soothing her with a kiss on top of her head.

"I care for you Maya, all I wanted was you to be happy. That's my utmost priority, you have no idea how grateful I am from the second you walked into Gardler. I do not want to be a burden to you Maya, you're free to choose and so do I. I choose to love you and I will forever do so."