20. Partnership

Maya's POV
Day 4.

I can't quite believe how fast time is flying. It's the 4th day since our arrival in Seoul, and so far, we only managed to have a single business meeting with Namjoon.

Nothing has passed the planning stage which is very sadly still at 2%, as per the report I manage to whip out for Hoseok. I'm slowly starting to wonder if I am going in the right direction and if it's all going to be worth it at the end.

As I was sipping on my morning coffee, overlooking the skyline which Seoul has to offer over our suite's balcony, my phone rang.

Caller ID: Hobi

"Hey Hobi." I placed the hot mug on the coffee table, sat comfortably on the couch, holding onto the knot on my bathrobe.

"Hey May, good morning I guess?"

"Yea, morning for me but afternoon for you."

"Sigh, so is this how long-distance relationships feels like? So exhausting."

"Well good for you that we are not in those kinds of relationship. Go find yourself someone in LA." I chuckled, my mood was light enough to play along with Hoseok's tease.

"I don't have to find one. I just need to wait for your return."

"Dream on silly. So, what's up? You called me so abruptly."

"I wanted to say the truth that I miss you but I wanna save my ass from trouble so I will be professional and ask how are things going with Project VC?"

"Smart choice of words. So, ahem, I guess we are not progressing as fast or as efficient I thought we might be. Still stuck at 2% of planning, we don't have much time as well."

"Maya, it's only been like 2 days since you've known the Kims? Don't get disappointed too early. It's not LA." Hoseok said, knowing very well about my perfectionist nature.

"But Hoseok, I'm afraid I might be taking more time than needed. Namjoon is really nice, very accommodating, I just don't wanna fuck this up."

"Namjoon? As in Kim Namjoon? You're on a first-name basis now?"

"Hobi! I was expressing how troubled I feel and all you have to reply is about me calling the boss by his first name? Ha ha ha." I fake laughed.

"As I said, I think with a little bit more meeting and proper structuring of the team, you guys will rock it off just fine. Have you all decide on the roles?"

"Well, we have not done so, it was just the preliminary plans discussed. For the people in charge, I guess we will do it today."

"Great, then why are you worried? You're the team lead, just put on your lady boss hat and do the delegation. You will work it out just fine darling, I'm sure."

"Um, thanks Hobi. I will report back as soon as we are done today."

"Take your time, and do rest well too. You can report to me after a couple of days."

"But Hobi I-..."

"After two days is fine Maya, just relax and don't worry. You will be fine, yea?"

"Yea, I will." A small smile appeared on my face, making me feel good with all the positive and sweet encouragement from Hoseok. What will I ever do without a supportive boss like him?

"Now, go ahead, get ready for the day and make me proud. As always. Talk to me soon?" Hoseok's voice turned very gentle.

"I will Hobi, take care."