71. Soul Friend

Maya was an hour earlier than expected in getting herself ready for the lunch plans. Maybe due to the little fact in which she missed the event in the morning, it probed her to not be late for lunch by any means.

"Alright, I just need to go with the Cadillac I assume." Maya swirled the car keys in her fingers and switched off her room lights, headed down to the living.

"Oh! Parker?" Maya's final step came to a halting stop when the door was swung open by the purple head.

"Sweetie!"

Parker immediately let go of the doorknob and ran towards the girl as he crashed her into his embrace.

"Parker? Are you alright?" Maya was caught off guard with the force Parker was putting on her.

"Are you alright?"

Parker cupped her cheeks and examined her face left to right by turning it like a plastic doll.

"Um Parker? You're gonna ruin my make up." Maya chuckled and steadied her hands on top of Parker which was cupping her cheeks.

"I saw Taehyung on my way out from the brothers' house."

Maya's chuckle died and her eyes fell. She let out a sigh and that was enough to confirm Parker's suspicion about the dire situation his soul friend must be in.

"Do you wanna talk about it? We have about an hour left before lunch." Parker suggested. He has already dressed up for the occasion. Sadly, he has to miss the morning event due to the fact Hoseok kept him away to look out for Maya just in case if it's needed.

Maya nodded. She walked towards the couch and sat herself down, putting the heels on the side and clutch bag on the coffee table, while Parker sat beside her.

"V knew."

Parker gulped at that. Maya clearly could have guessed it was him who broke the news to her ex.

"Maya, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be Parker. I knew he found it out through you. I was angry at you last night when I figured, but I also knew you wouldn't have done it if you're not absolutely sure about what you're doing."

Parker nodded. He needed to explain to Maya on what ground did he chose to break such a secret to her ex who clearly wasn't on the good boy book in her life anymore.

"It was the night in Seoul after you had a breakdown. I realized how disturbed you were and I was pissed at him for toying your feelings. I didn't want to but I really cared for you Maya."

Parker took her cold hands into his palm, holding it close to his chest while he continued.

"I went to him and I properly understood from his side what went wrong. I figured he needed to know your past for him to come to his senses. I decided if he wanted you, he needs to fight for it. I am no team Tae or team Hoseok, I am team Maya. So if they want my girl, they better be proven worthy."

Maya chuckled. Parker really does have her best interest in his heart.

"Parker, thank you. Really, I am grateful for you to act, although I wasn't supportive of it, I guess it probed to Tae finding out more on what went wrong 8 years ago."

"He did???" Parker looked amused.

"Yea, long story short, it was one of our friend Archie who did the nasty. He apparently had a liking on me so he wasn't happy when V got to me and I chose V."

"Boy, you are a man's heartthrob aren't you?" Parker giggled.

"Stop it Parker, not funny. Look how it turned out. Archie was the one who stopped my messages to reach out to V, he blocked me. And he released the fucking video and pics of Tae messing around just to push me away."