26. It's You

"Jimin, I just need to use the ladies for a bit. I will join you guys in the office later." Maya said as they exited the elevator, coming in view with Namjoon's office.

The silver head nodded, bringing Jin along with him to join the others while Maya excused herself.

"God, I really need a map to manoeuvre this gigantic office. Never to put the ladies so far tucked in a corner ever again." Maya grumbled as she walked faster in her heels, sounds of sharp clicking sound resonated the corridor as she passed by doors to reach the ladies.

After using the ladies and applying a thin layer of lipsticks on her lips, Maya ruffled her high ponytail for some volume before picking up her handbag, ready to meet the boys.

As she opened the door to the ladies, stepping out to the corridor, she accidentally bumped into a figure.

"Ops, I'm so sorry."

As Maya was struggling to steady her feet in the heels, she stumbled across and planted a print of her lips on the shoulder of the man in front of her.

Her eyes widen when she noticed a bright red lipstick stain on the surface of the white shirt, making her cringe in embarrassment.

"I'm really sorry." Maya felt the tight grip on her arms but she was more focused on the stain visible in front of her as she tried to wipe it away, making it worse.

"It's ok."

Maya's fiddling and apologies went silent like a rock thrown into still water.

No, it can't be. Maya tried to shut the voices in her mind which tried to play the trick on her, asking her to believe the impossible.

"Hey, you alright?"

The deepness of the voice was engraved to Maya's memory like no other. It is one of the things that she can pick out like a needle in haystacks, unable to make any mistakes after memorizing the sound and feel of the voice by heart.

Her natural instinct kicked in and immediately, she pushed the figure away from her body as she shivered slightly from the lost of contact which somehow felt familiar.

Maya was still looking down, trying to hold her trembles as she shut her eyes, trying to muster confidence and strength right at that very moment. In a split second, after all the years of faking till she makes it, Maya was up and calm again.

Shoving away the memories back into the deepest level of her sanity, not wanting to lose it in public.

"I'm sorry, there is a smudge on your shoulder. If you can't clean it, let me know, I will pay for a new one. You may find me in Mr Kim's office."

Maya said, head still hung low as she steadied herself before walking off the scene.

"Maya? It's really you?"

The voice did it again, this time, stopping Maya from taking another step as it hit her like a rock bottom. Maya's body betrayed her conscious mind when her heart earned for the loss of voice which she once craved for.

"V."

"Maya, I can't believe it's you. You have no idea how happy I am!" The male, who now identified as V stepped closer, a look of shock and confused happiness across his face.

"Good to know but the feeling is not mutual." Maya was shocked, but she was not the same girl in Uni who was powerless.

"Maya, look, just hang on a minute." V tried to grip onto Maya's arm, stopping the girl.

"Don't. Touch. Me. V." Maya was furious, her longing and shocking expression were replaced in a second when she realized there was so much pain and so much to cry on, that it's not worth it anymore.